Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sweet Little Lies

Creepy K here-

Coming at you on this lovely Thursday afternoon to teach you an important lesson in comparing. Often bloggers are thought of as people others compare their lives to. So, you subscribe to 589 blogs and not a single one of them show the outtakes of the pictures that weren't chosen to be broadcasted to the world? Well, it's not like that around here (obviously, judging by my creepy photo above) which is still edited, by the way. I have an addiction to PicMonkey.

I really had a swell day. I did. Baby K woke up at 0830 and it was glorious. I slept until 8, got up, had breakfast and read my daily devotional before he started to stir. It was absolutely fantastic and a welcome change. I even got to get ready for the day which inspired this post, sort of. Ya see, as I was tediously putting on my face and choosing an outfit, I thought to myself-

Maybe I'll do an outfit post today.

#ootd, if you will.
You know, because people are dying to know what I wore today.

Anyway, as I was getting ready I texted my pal to see if she'd like to meet up for coffee or lunch because I couldn't waste a good outfit. Just kidding. I really wanted to see her!
This is the point where I'd like to say, I had never worn the shirt I decided upon. It just arrived in the mail last week. 
So, I attempted to fix my hair, but it was doing this really weird thing so I gave up. Then I got dressed (for the wrong season) and packed up little man in the car to head to the store and then out to eat with said dear friend. 

Just to show you that things are not always as they seem, I decided to show you the A, B, C's of why I'll never be that blogger that has it all together-
Exhibit A: That button, that precise button the arrow is pointing to came undone during our Walmart trip and I didn't notice until I got back out to the car. Awesome. Oh, but it gets worse. As we were out to eat, the button strikes again and it collaborates with the ONE BELOW IT and they both laugh at me while my pretty black bra is out for all the world to see and my shirt is completely unbuttoned. I really don't know when I'll learn to not buy button up shirts. They just don't work for me.
Exhibit B: I was going to show you my growing belly bump so you could tell me sweet little lies like, "Oh, you look great!" But, clearly this picture shows the truth. This outfit I was so excited to wear looks more like a moomoo. I barely look pregnant in it, just oddly overweight in my middle.
Exhibit C: I just missed the mark with this whole outfit. It's 85 degrees in Louisiana. Leggings are not your friend. In addition, instead of looking fun, relaxed and stylish, I came out looking like a hot mess. Weird hair. Shirt that can't control the girls. Leggings that look like I should be going for a run and working off my massive middle instead of stuffing a cheeseburger down my face as my child crawls around the dirty floor of a restaurant throwing everything he can get his hands on.

Are these things you want in your life? No, I don't think they are.

So, next time you're reading your favorite blogs and thinking you just don't measure up, remember me. Come back to this post and re-read. The blogging world is full of sweet little lies and I can't speak for all of us, but most of my days look a lot more like the outtakes!

But I'll take these outtakes on most days!
Today was beautiful in its own little way.

7 comments:

Chantal said...

This post cracked me up!

#mommylife said...

girl you definitely look prego not like you have a thick middle! and you still look adorable, moo moo and all. (ps. it doesn't look like a moo moo)

Kristin said...

That's what happened to me on Tuesday! I liked my outfit in my mind. I put it on. Thought, "this is just okay". Wore it to school, and was ready to change by 10am. That one did NOT show up this week on the blog.

Jamie said...

This post is perfection.

AlanaMarie said...

Is this from Old Navy?
If so I have the exact same dress, and none of my buttons stay buttoned. I am tempted to glue it shut. I wear mine with knee length leggings.

brittanykmorrow said...

You are too funny Kacy! I love how real your are and I appreciate your honesty. However, I honestly don't think you look bad at all. Actually, rather cute! Pregnancy suites you and yes, my dining experience are comparable.

The New Normal said...

Oh my, this had me laughing so hard! Totally sounds like me every day around here! I love when I walk out of the house thinking I am totally rocking an awesome look, only to come home later and realize how wrong everything was! I love your honesty and real you are! And truly, you do look cute!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings