Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy August!


Lots of exciting things going on in the world of Mrs. K and Captain J this month!

*The month of August brings with it visitors from home. I couldn't be more thrilled! It's no secret that this isn't my favorite duty station we've ever been assigned so friendly faces from home will likely give us the boost we need to make it through the next couple months here in Louisiana. My grandparents will be paying us a visit and later in the month, my mom will grace us with her presence. I'm so excited, y'all!

*Before any of this occurs, a certain little man will be turning one year old! I can hardly believe it's been a year since we welcomed our sweet, quirky little bundle of joy into our lives. It has been trying, but it has easily been the best year of my life. Baby K has made me a mother and I still can't quite believe it. He's precious and I wouldn't change a single thing about his developing personality. It's so fun to watch him evolve and I look forward to celebrating with him on his birthday, August 10th.

*I'm also pleased and so thankful to those of you who helped to start off my Scentsy business with me!
 I appreciate your orders so much. From August 1-31, Scentsy is having a 10% off sale on much of the Spring/Summer 2012 catalog. Please let me know if I can help you place an order or if you have any questions for me.

*I've got some book reviews coming up this month, too so keep your eyes peeled for those.

*Also? I'm ready to keep on crackin' on my goal list and try some more sewing projects. My mom sent me some fabric that had been my great grandmother's and I look forward to turning it into something beautiful or at least functional. In addition, I've started the interesting process of making my own cloth diapers for Baby #2 who will affectionately be referred to here as Baby A!

*I'm kicking off August with a fun, very pink manicure.

Oh, the exciting times of a stay-at-home wife.
Now if you'll excuse me, Baby K is ripping down all the blinds in the dining room. I better run!
Love,

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay for visitors!!! I am so impressed with you making your own diapers!!! You are *SO* domesticated. ;)

Karen said...

Yay for making your own diapers!! I bought the fabric to do that, and the pattern book, and my sewing machine is out.... I just need to actually get my butt in gear and get it done lol. Yay for Baby K's birthday coming up :) That's exciting!

Chantal said...

Happy August!

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

LOOOVE the color on your nails! Good luck with DIY stuff, make sure you post it so we can all see how crafty you are! :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings