Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cup Runneth Over

My grandparents are special people. With a blended family, I'm lucky enough to have many grandparents in my life and I feel so blessed Baby K has great grandparents to spend time with. Mimi and Papaw came to LA for a quick visit. They were already in New Orleans for a vacation with friends and so they decided to make the four hour drive over to come see me, too. I was delighted!

We had the best day.

Okay, I can't speak for them. I mean, all we really did is sit around on my couch and catch up and then head to dinner, but seriously y'all...it was one of the best days I've had in Louisiana. It felt so good to have them here and to see them both connecting with K. He LOVED them. Usually it takes awhile for him to warm up to people, but not that day. He hadn't seen them since he was four months old, but he was smiling and laughing and playing within minutes of seeing them again.

Mimi helped fix my pesky sewing machine.
Papaw took K for a walk around the 'hood.

It's little things like these that make me miss the familiarity and closeness of home.

Baby K was so good all day. Even at a late dinner (for him), he was so sweet to be around. Maybe he was just happy to see some one's face other than my own! Whatever it was, I felt like the day was perfect.



Captain J even got to come out of the field for a few hours to shower and go to dinner with us!


Cup runneth over.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!! And I am glad your sewing machine cooperates, sometimes they need extra TLC :-)
Every time I hear people having such a good time with their families, I kinda get a little bit jealous since we see the family so rarely while up here in AK. Well, I haven't seen my parents or sister since 2008 (Le Sigh!), and usually see the in-laws only once or twice a year.... but it will change.... one day :)

Chantal said...

That's so sweet :) I love being with family!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings