Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Susie Homemaker

I've tried three things out from Pinterest lately that I wanted to share with you today. The first one I'm so incredibly proud of so don't bust the ole bubble and tell me how bad my sewing sucks...

because I know it does.

But that doesn't matter. What matters is this is only the 3rd or 4th item I've ever tried to sew and I'm definitely still learning. And well, everything I've made is functional and that is something to be proud of right?

I found this pin:
Source: verybaby.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

And got to work on my very own diaper out of t-shirts. Obviously, I didn't follow directions to the T, but it turned out alright.
You can call me Susie Homemaker, if you want.

The other thing, I tried out was this pin floating around Pinterest:


Here's how mine turned out-


I love, love, love it! Blurb is easy to use, but it's time consuming for good reason. You'll want to customize every little detail of your book. The book I created is a collection of letters I've been writing to Baby K since he was born in addition to his birth story. It is so special to me and I hope one day it is to him, too. It turned out so great!

Lastly, I made the wine bottles wrapped in twine.
Source: momtastic.com via Mrs. on Pinterest

I liked the result and it look less than five minutes. Score.


What about you? Have you completed any Pinterest Projects lately? Do share.

Linking up with:


Join Amanda and Brittany for the Two Girls and a Pin Series

11 comments:

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Thanks for linking up to The Pinterest Project! I think I have all of these pinned too...great job! I esp love the diaper cover :)

Jenn said...

loving all your pin crafts!

The New Normal said...

Cute!! You did a great job:) I am way impressed with the diaper!

Fran said...

Your diaper is awesome! if I tried that it would never come out like that haha

Angie said...

Great work! I'm terrible about pinning but never doing. I need to start at least trying to do one pin a week!!

Amber Nicole said...

Go you and your crafty little self! :)
Thanks for linking up, lady!
I love his little diaper! Good job!

Rhe Christine said...

well your sewing is more awesome then mine! LOL!! I love getting my craft on. Those twine wine bottles turned out really cute. You always wonder how it will translate when you actually try it out. yay! thanks for sharing

Chantal said...

Good job! I might check out that cloth diaper... maybe I will attempt it.

Janie said...

I have the "yearbook" thing pinned too - yours sounds so sweet! I love the little cloth diaper and the wine glass is cute :)

Thanks for linking up :)

Brittany said...

Thanks for linking up! Your creations were amazing!!

Brittany said...

Thanks so much for linking up with Amanda and me for Two Girls and a Pin http://britpins.blogspot.com/2012/08/two-girls-and-pin-diy-washer-bracelets.html (back in August). Her and I have both been going through so much and haven't had time to do much in the blog world. But I wanted to let you know, you've won a featured post on my website! My schedule is pretty open, so email me at pinterestaholic (at) gmail (dot) com with html for a post and I'll get it up ASAP. It can be anything you want (recipe, craft, introduce yourself...anything!) Congrats!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings