Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Curl Tutorial- Pinspired!

A couple weeks ago, I posted a photo on instagram of my curly hair and y'all were so kind with your compliments that I wanted to share the love. Some of my facebook pals asked how I did it and I'm here to show ya! It's not hard at all. My hair does not hold curl well, but this technique stays all day. It falls a little shortly after it's done, but I'm left with lovely relaxed curls. I combined two separate Pinterest tutorials I found and created my own version so I hope you find this as easy as I do and want to curl your hair all the time! I am addicted.



This particular day, I wanted less body so I didn't brush it out much afterward or use hair spray.

What You'll Need:
*smallish flat iron
*1-4 ponytail holders (depending on the thickness of your hair)
*hairspray (optional)
*headband (optional)

Instruction:

I forgot to mention that as the layers are curled fully, you should bring down another layer not the whole top portion. I could have gotten at least three more layers from the upper hair. Take your time with it and it will look better.
Tip:
When you're all done, separate your curls with your fingers and use some spray if you'd like. Position your curls where you want them either around your headband or whatev, yo. Re-curl those outta control ones and ENJOY!

Headband Tutorial:
To make the headband, I loosely followed these instructions

XOXO,

Linking up with Amber, Melissa, and Sarah for:

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That's how I always curled my hair. Layer by layer...
And I never curled the very ends. It always looks like it has more body if I leave the very tips straight. Weird.

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Thanks for linking up to The Pinterest Project!!! This is totally how I do my flat iron curls too :)

Janie said...

That's so cute! It looks very summery at the beachesque! Thanks for linking up :)

Allison said...

I rarely have the patience for it (my hair is REALLY thick), but I've always lived this method a lot better than using a curling iron. It seems to last longer too.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings