Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas List- Friday Fives

Hey Y'all! Do you hear my southern accent coming back to me slowly the closer we get to PCSing? I'm getting so excited, lemme tell ya! I'll be home for Christmas and that warms my heart :) In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd play along with the lovely, Beth for her Friday Fives! This week, the topic is (drumroll please!)


Just Me and My Life

 


"5 Things That Will Be On Your Christmas List This Year"


1.) I'm loving all these cute ETSY headbands. I'm not one to spend much time on my hair so it would be nice to have something to add to my head that instantly makes my head cuter. Ha! Here are a few examples of ones I like:




2.) I really want to learn Spanish. I thought I would use the Army's sweet deal they offer families to use Rosetta Stone, but my husband tells me it isn't as good as the real one. Is he fibbing? I don't want to come out saying stuff like, "Lower your weapons!" instead of "How much is that?" or "Where is the bathroom?" The last two are very important! Now, I'm rambling. Clearly, I probably only need level one, but this is the picture I found. Anyway...I really want this:



3.) Remember the other day how I mentioned some books I'd like to read. I want those!


4.) In order to properly document our huge trip across America, I could totally use this for my Cricut- The Going Places Cartridge



5.) This has to be on the list, too. Although, I fear it might make me terribly hungry for something I can't make!



There's 5! Tell me, what is on your list this year?

8 comments:

Jenn said...

So the Rosetta Stone huh, J says the only difference in the "real" one and the one the military offers in that the military on is strictly online. He says that there is little difference between the two and says that you can't beat the military price. I asked him about it because if we get a location outside the US, I would like to learn the basics in the language of the country we are in (assuming they don't speak English).

Nina said...

I have the same understanding about Rosetta stone's military version - that it is only available online. Otherwise they should be about the same.
My wishlist for Christmas is just growing and growing ..... does that make me materialistic?? :-) Anyways, I would like to get some Etsy hair pins and clips, Scentsy stuff, books (and more books) ......

kimbodarlin said...

Wish I had know YESTERDAY about the hair stuff....Tinsel and Treasure and the Southern Market were loaded with cute hair things!!!!! The only thing about "going public" with your Christmas list is that your parents and in-laws will have to compare shopping notes!!!! Love ya'--Can't wait till you are HOME! But the way...speaking of Southern accents...I bought a cute sign yesterday:

The South
\the 'sau'th\, noun

The place where....
1) Tea is sweet and accents are sweeter.
2) Summer starts in April.
3) Macaroni & Cheese is a vegetable.
4) Front porches are wide and words are long.
5) Pecan pie is a staple
6) Y'all is the only proper noun.
7) Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy.
8) Everything is Darlin'.
9) Someone's heard is always being blessed.

Mrs. K said...

That is too cute! Love it! Number 3 made me laugh out loud...totally true. Anyway, I got a catalog yesterday and found a million more things I want for Christmas. No need to fight ;) lol Love you! This time next month, we'll be reunited!!

kimbodarlin said...

What kind of catalog? We may try to Skype later....having a girls night like we did last year on your birthday.....we may sing to ya' again...if you are around. Love ya...counting the days!

Paige Faulkner said...

Great list! Hope you have a great weekend.

Jennifer Mullins said...

Have you checked out Chic Bebe Bowtique on Etsy?? Miss Abby Brown makes some of those totally cute headbands too, but they aren't pictured on Etsy.. hopefully soon though. You can contact her on FB & tell her I sent you!! :)

So you wanna get me a gift, eh? « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] alone, shopping and I think of a million gazillion things I could use/want. In case you missed it, I made a post about this earlier. Then I hinted around at some more here. But I’ve got some more ideas that are actually [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings