Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Read, Write, Repeat

I've been writing like crazy the past few days and enjoying every minute of it! Not only have I been keeping all of you updated on this blog, but I've also begun my project of writing an entire book in the month of November! Lofty, aye? Well, it all started when I read about this project, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) a couple of months ago. I though to myself, 'What a great way to kickstart writing! I couldn't possibly be involved in something with such a ridiculous name, though.' So I went on about my day as if I hadn't read anything of the sort. I kept seeing it, though- nagging at me, bidding me to start something. I blame this girl for posting the final big sign to jump onto the bandwagon! So what if I'm moving across the country this month? So what if I have to pack? So what if I'm busy saying my goodbyes, driving for ten days, and getting settled in a new town? I'm going to do this! You know what? I've already got 9,000 words and you betcha I'm still counting. I'll be sure to let you in on this process as it develops.


In the meantime, I've been reading a lot. I have so many reviews to write, but I have a feeling those will be very late. If I'm not writing my new brilliant novel mediocre nonfiction, I'm snuggled on the couch reading another book. I was looking around at Barnes and Noble the other day and I found so many new (or new to me) books that I can't wait to read. These are on my list (although I probably won't purchase any because my birthday and Christmas are coming up!):







What a variety, huh? Lately, I've read Choosing To See, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and Skeletons at the Feast so be sure to look for those reviews in the coming weeks. What are you reading these days?

6 comments:

rebeccapledger said...

How exciting! Best of luck as you take on this new adventure...

Carolina North said...

I'm glad you started a book! It'll be great! :)

Nina said...

Good luck with writing - what a great and rewarding idea! I can't wait to hear more about your writing adventures.
By the way, "A Thousand Splendid Suns" seems to be a good book. I was glancing it through at Barnes&Noble a while ago, and it is on my amazon.com list. After all the Psych books ....

alaskarella said...

YAY!

Christmas List- Friday Fives « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] Remember the other day how I mentioned some books I’d like to read. I want [...]

Sarah Nicole said...

I want to read Safe Haven so bad! You'll have to let me know what you think of it!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings