Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Was Fishy

The water is trickling down around the dishes, washing them, cleaning away the awesome food that my husband prepared for me and our friends. On the menu tonight was halibut and salmon. I would post the recipes, but he forbade me. He's particular about his food and with good reason. He made a wonderfully tasty meal tonight and I couldn't be more thankful for him.



We woke up this a.m. with much to do. I tell you that now with his long, grey robe on and nothing to do but sleep. I can't, though. I'm wide awake. I'm not sure why though because I've been nonstop all day. This morning I made breakfast and some tasty chai tea while we procrastinated a bit longer. Later, we began doing laundry, moving furniture, organizing (for lack of a better word) crap, cleaning, and hoping we get everything we need to do accomplished by Friday. The latter is yet to be determined.

This week would be a good week to be our friends. I say this because we decided to have a whole slew of people over to empty out our fish we've accumulated over the many fishing trips we've taken the past year. Tonight we put on a dinner party full of many of our favorite couples in the area. I had such a good time visiting with all these people and I'm hoping we can get together again soon...before we leave.





It's sobering (this coming from a girl with more than one glass of red wine this evening)- trust me on this one. When I think about these awesome individuals that I've met even just over the past few months, I get sad. I hope we'll make a point to see each other again. I hope we'll write, facebook, skype, something so that we'll stay in touch but I also know that I can be a terrible conversationalist on the phone. I hope the fact that technology bores me doesn't become a reason why I don't stay close to the quirky, interesting, caring, sweet individuals that I've come to know this year.



Sometimes I wonder why I met them so late in the game or why (in Sarah's case) I only got to know her better after she officially moved here. Now, I feel as if I missed out. These are my people! I never thought I'd feel like that anywhere but Tennessee. There are some friends that life takes you away from, but there are still some that stay with you no matter the distance. I hope these girls will be that to me (and me to them!). 



When I went "home" in September, I quickly realized that even though I may not speak to my close "friends" frequently doesn't mean we can pick right back up where we left off originally.

Facebook has the 30 day Thankful craze going on right now. I try to do this every single day. Nevertheless, today I'm thankful for friends both old and new.



Bright and early tomorrow, I'm headed for my day at the spa! Yay! I'll be sure to fill you in soon.

Love,

2 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

"Make new friends , but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold!" ( old girl scout song , felt it was appropriate here)

Mrs. S. said...

Its always so bittersweet moving.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings