Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Untitled


A man was wondering through the woods that had become his new home. He had The North Face vest on ,that when purchased, the cute girl at the register assured him that he needed. He wasn't sure how true it was, but what he was sure of now was that he needed to start looking for a place to stay. A tent in the winter just wasn't going to cut it. The swift breezes coming off the crystal blue glacial water reminded him that winter wasn't far away. With his outgoing, stubborn best friend in tow, he set out on an adventure. He wasn't sure just where his feet may wander nor did he understand just how much land his buddy's paws could cover, but he felt prepared for whatever Alaska would throw at him. He was ready for just about anything- anything but her...


Ok so maybe none of this is true, but this is my blog and I do what I want! ;) Do you ever just look at photos and wonder what is going on in them? If you're like me, you begin creating a story for the images whether it's factual or not. I took a photo journalism class my freshman year in college. That wasn't the given title of the class, but we did more of that than anything. To this date, it has been one of my favorite classes. My guess is this is because I got to use my imagination freely. As I started out on this NaNoWriMo journey, I wanted to write down my stories. You know, the one my grandkids' grandkids could read many years from now to learn about how their family tree had come about all those years ago. My hope is that it isn't boring, although I have my doubts. I have over 11,000 words now, but I find myself being drawn to the more creative writing styles that fiction could offer.


Maybe I'm just tired of the truth. Maybe I need a little fiction in my life today. Unfortunately for you, this blog will pacify my need for that right now.


In the words of Gaylord Focker, "Can you deal with that?"


 


4 comments:

Lydia said...

I love photography!! I've always wanted to take a class.. but never gotten around to do so :(

Jenn said...

That is amazing! I love your writing!

Mrs. K said...

Thank you, dear. :)

alaskarella said...

wow! you're doing the nanowrimo? were you at the meeting? go mrs k, go!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings