Friday, November 12, 2010

Behold

the awesome power of the iphone. You might not believe a word that I'm about to say what I'm about to tell you, but as sure as the day is long- It's the gospel truth.

Remember that trip to Valdez we took back in March? You know, the one where I lost my iphone in the snowy drifts of an Alaskan winter? Yeah, I had forgotten all about that, too. I try to block those things out if at all possible. Who wants to recall losing a couple hundred dollars? Unfortunately, this hasn't been the first time that I've been forced to move on after the loss of a beloved iphone.

Anyway, I was happily visiting family in September when a 907 number popped up on my caller id. I didn't answer because I screen phone calls due to my overwhelming popularity was enjoying a dinner and that would be rude, no? After leaving the dinner party, I picked up my cell to listen to the voicemail that the ominous 907 number left. I hear a man's voice on the phone saying that he has my iphone. I think to myself, ' um, actually it's pressed up against my ear, silly man...'

Then a faint memory crosses my brain of a time when I had another iphone.

Turns out, this man was walking along the road on a break from work when he saw something blue in the grass. He picks up the phone, charges it that evening, and voila! The iphone comes on!

At first thought, you may think this isn't so impressive but I assure you that you'd be wrong. If you evaluated all the elements working against this apple creation, you might change your mind. This phone withstood forty below zero temps. It was laid to rest in snow where it stayed through breakup- which is just a feat in itself. Then summer rolled around and it was one of the wettest summers I've ever experienced! It rained so much, but it was all small potatoes for this iphone.

I was pretty pumped to receive my little jewel in the mail last week. Most of the Alaskans I've come in contact with are so incredibly kind and this man was no different. He could have easily kept the phone for himself, but instead he called me so that he could return it. It made this girl really happy to have all my cutesy pictures of Drifter as a tiny pup back in my possession.

Here's to you, Apple. You never cease to impress me.

4 comments:

kimbodarlin said...

You should send this to Apple...I am sure they would love to know what this little phone survived!!

Mrs. K said...

I should. I bet they'd be so proud!

Hilary said...

I agree---you should call Apple! Cute Mrs K could be featured in a commercial!! You do the vlogs so well, after all!

Lydia said...

that man was so nice.!! definitely one of God's angels roaming the streets :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings