Monday, November 22, 2010

Puppies will be puppies

When we walked into the hotel at our last stop, a sign read:



Pshh, right...like that's going to happen. There's also "no pets allowed on my couches" either but that never stopped them! Basically, they do what they want. I sure hope my pets aren't a reflection of me-or worse yet- of my future, hypothetical children. Oh, well...You pick and choose your battles in life and protecting this little hotel room furniture against doggy mayhem isn't really one I would choose to fight. Besides, they're being angels right now.


We left earlier, though and I can't say that they were good. Well, I can say that Holly was perfect because she always is! Drifter, on the other hand, is a completely different story. We drugged him for cryin' out loud and he's still being mischevious! Before we left, the vet gave us some tranquilizers to keep Drifter asleep while we travel- he's so restless (read: annoying). These magical pills had been working quite well so we decided it would be okay to leave our furry friends in the hotel room while we walked to the nearest restaurant. When we came back, we walked in the door to this-



Medication or none, puppies will be puppies! Drifter can't keep his eyes open but he can destroy a book like nobody's business.


We're in Haines now (where we'll be boarding the Ferry). I'll be out of a reach for forever about four days so if you don't hear from me--that's why! I'm going to work on some posts to schedule for you, but if I don't get them written you'll understand, right? I just knew you would!


Talk soon!


3 comments:

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

Ha! Clearly, whoever made that sign doesn't have pets. If they had pets, they would know how impossible it is to keep them off of anything...especially in a small hotel room.

Nina said...

Yep, puppies are puppies - always! Enjoy the ferry ride!

B. said...

Oh no! Haha! Pets are so silly. At least you found a place that allowed your puppies in the room, though! That's a feat in and of itself.

Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving ^_^

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings