Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cheeseburger 2010 and other tales...

Bonjour! From Canada :)

The last hotel we were at in Tok, Alaska boasted that they had wifi on a small piece of paper in the lower corner of the mirror. All you had to do was type in the password- "cheeseburger2010". It was at that moment when I looked over and said, "I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas (Fairbanks) anymore, Toto (Holly)."



Now, it's around 5:15 pm and I'm writing you from Canada. We happen to be ahead of schedule so we decided to stop in Haines Junction to relax a bit. The roads have been okay not ideal but not completely wretched either. As we drove into Canada, we felt a noticeable rise in temperature which I wasn't expecting. It was odd to see snow covered mountains, trees, and shorelines with waves crashing on a nearby lake. I'm walking around in a t-shirt so I'm welcoming the warmer temperature with open arms.

Here's a photo from close to the Alaska/Canada line:



3 Caribou just after crossing in front of us:



I'll be back soon with more tales from the Alcan...

3 comments:

Hilary said...

LOL your dog is cracking me up! It looks like he's smiling!

Dave Weigle said...

I know you'ns are seasoned Alaskans, but watch out for moosies crossing the road! What route are you planning? I would have figured you'd take a ferry out of Anchorage.

Don’t Judge Me « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] tags: Alaska, friends, harry potter by Mrs. K I got a little ahead of myself by publishing the previous traveling post on this blog. I mean, how could I leave out our last days in [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings