Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blissful Birthday

I suppose I owe you all a birthday post, don't I? Or perhaps it's very narcissistic to believe that you all give two hoots about what I did on my birthday weekend. Regardless, I'm going to tell you alllll about it! Thursday evening, Captain J and I deemed date night. We hadn't had one since the game night date night a couple of weeks prior so we decided to spend some time together at a new restaurant in town. We headed down college road for the quiet atmosphere that Azucar Fina provides. Fairbanksians, if you haven't been there- go treat yourself. The food was amazing! I actually cleaned my plate, finished my wine, and had dessert. That never happens! The Cuban cuisine was cooked perfectly and the service was great, too. When we first walked in, Beauty and the Beast was playing on their large flat screen. It's possible that this is what sold me. I sang (quietly) to Disney ballads until they turned off the movie and put on some Latin music. This was okay with me, too but I definitely didn't mind the kiddo tunes either.




Saturday, Captain J was hanging with his buddy all day so I joined my dear, Ashley, at the Women's Bazaar on UAF campus. I bought some items there and then headed home for a nap. I just love Saturday afternoon naps! I woke up later and headed to a Wii party with some of my favorite Fairbanks girls! We had a good time playing Guitar Hero and Mario, although I think many of us lacked the talent required for the former. Here are the two pros of the evening-




[caption id="attachment_1826" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Poor Justin ended up being the only dude in company."][/caption]

Don't they look intensely focused? After some Wii action, they turned off the lights, lit some candles, and sang me Happy Birthday with a huge chocolate cake in hand! I'm so thankful for thoughtful, sweet friends :)



Sunday was a good day, too but we decided not to do much that day because we had too many other things to get accomplished because of the move. I woke up and began getting ready for breakfast at a favorite local spot. Captain J surprised me with a gift certificate to Elements for a massage, pedicure, manicure, and facial. The big day is tomorrow. I can't wait! It will be nice to relieve some stress. I've been crazy with all these PCSing tasks.


The movers came yesterday to estimate how long it might take to pack up our entire house. While here, they informed me of what all items that we couldn't take including liquids. Umm...



Look how many liquids I have just in the perfume department! They can't take them and I don't know that I can either. I know there's alcohol in perfumes, but is it enough to not freeze while floating on a boat through parts of Alaska and Canada? Any suggestions? I can't part with my smell goods :(


Anyway, my birthday night, J cooked for me. I don't know if I've told you this before but my husband is a pretty amazing cook. I told him what I'd like to eat and he went to the grocery, stocked up on what we'd need, and purchased a bottle of wine that my Mimi suggested. I had a lovely birthday evening with him and went to bed that night feeling incredibly blessed and loved.



6 comments:

Hilary said...

Your dinner looks yummy! Happy birthday to you :)

Jenn said...

Ok first off That meal looks so yummy! I'm jealous! You should be fine with the items but for add assurance i would put them in ziplock sandwich baggies. A trick for your make up... Store it in an insolated lunch bag. The cold isn't bad for makeup but heat is. I throw ice packs with in the summer (in a baggie or separate compartment), but in the winter I leave them in there alone. The liquid may freeze so baggies are a must but the lunch bag will help. I think you could do the same with your perfume an it should say them. If you start to smell them and your not wearing it then I would be concerned. Safe travels!

Tiffany said...

Kacy!! Hope you had a great birthweek :) and that dinner... OHHH YUMMY!! i gotta tip (maybe) for your perfumes... it may cost a little, but maybe you could mail them home and then jus pick them up for your house when you go there :) I don't even know if you're allowed to mail liquids... but it was jus a thought :) have a good evening :)

Nina said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great weekend! And yay for hubbies who know how to cook :-)
I would think your perfumes would make the little trip to L48 just fine. I drove up here at the end of March, and had perfumes etc in the car, and no problems at all although it was pretty chilly in Canada .....

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] is my birthday month but it was bittersweet because we also had to say goodbye to all the friends we had made up in the [...]

Happy Birthday. « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] much has happened since my sweet friends in AK surprised me with a cake and a guitar hero get together. We have moved twice. We found out I was pregnant, had the sweet bundle of joy, and are now parents [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings