Monday, November 1, 2010

Spooktacular!

Did you all have a spooktacular Halloween? I did! I'll tell you all about it, but first I would like to mention that my computer is working now so the second part to my New Zealand post will definitely go up in the next couple of days. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Whew! This weekend was a lot of fun, but boy (or girl), am I tired! We kicked off Halloween watching scary movies on Saturday with friends. In the afternoon, Michelle, Ashley, and I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 (it was okay). The previous day, Ashley and I saw Let Me In which was just okay, too. I was glad I went to both of them, though! Anyway, Saturday evening we piled up on Michelle's couches with our husbands and watched Freddy Krueger, Zombie Land, and Final Destination.

The next day we decided to get all dressed up and go out bowling and trick-or-treating. As you probably recall, I had decided to be Cindy Lou Who, but in a last minute costume change I went with something a little more fun- my interpretation of KISS-



As you can see, this was a pretty drastic change. Easily one of my favorite costumes to date. I picked up this jewel all for about 25 bucks. The best place to go for costume ideas, props, and clothing is your local thrift store. Goodwill, or in my case here- Value Village- has unique items so you won't be showing up at whatever function you're going to looking exactly like someone else in an identical costume. Isn't that the worst? I always attempt to make my costume or at least piece it together to avoid this at all costs.

Now, I'm speaking of Halloween as a very important time and to me it is! Ha! Captain J had no plans of a costume and it was driving me bonkers. I mean, was he completely unconcerned? As promised, he pulled it together and came up with what he called his alter ego:



Don't you think I should put this photo in a Christmas card and send it out to everyone? Drifter and Holly were my little reindeers. They went along with my Cindy Lou Who costume quite nicely, but not so much with the Gene Simmons/Ace Frehley look. Oh, well...maybe one year we'll all have coordinating costumes.

We definitely weren't the cutest trick-or-treaters around though. Just take a look at my niece and nephews-


And the most beautiful witch I've seen. Cousin Aster-



I can't wait to be around all the young'uns next year and see them dressed up in their Halloween fun. Until next year, this motley crew is signing out-


6 comments:

B. said...

Hahaha! You made a DRASTIC change from Cindy Lou Who! But great costumes! I love your husband's "alter ego" look. That long blonde hair suits him in a trucker kind of way. LOL! Looks like you guys had fun though. Great post!

Mrs. K said...

He kept saying, "This is my future, babe"- I sure hope he was kidding! lol

Mama M. said...

You two are too cute! I love it! Although...I totally loved Cindy Lou, too.

Yikes. I sound like Dr. Seuss. Two, too, Lou, too. And you?

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] We spent October hanging out with good friends, taking a crazy trip to the Arctic Circle, and celebrating Halloween! [...]

What’s On My Tele? « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] No, I’m not the cute little diva in blue- that’s my sister. I would be the awkward California Raisin on the right. I told you I’ve always loved Halloween! [...]

Halloween Crafts and Costume Ideas « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] Goodwill is my friend this time of year (Post here). [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings