Sunday, November 21, 2010

Don't Judge Me

I got a little ahead of myself by publishing the previous traveling post on this blog. I mean, how could I leave out our last days in Fairbanks?


Wednesday evening our dear friends, Sarah and Graham, gave us a going away soiree complete with many of our Fairbanksian friends. The food was excellent (as always) and it was nice to be able to visit with everyone before we went on our way.



The next night was one that I had been looking forward to for a long, long time. No, not the anticipated last night in Alaska--It was time for the release of Harry Potter! Never missing a chance to bring out our dorky sides, Sarah and I went searching for HP tees. We emerged from the local Hot Topic with these-



(It's the Gryffindor house symbol...lol) and then walked over to Michael's where we made our magic wands :)



With the whole clan in tow, we settled in for the midnight showing of our favorite literary icon.




Oh, what fun there is to be had! Who cares if I'm twenty five years old? Harry Potter will make me young again, dang it!


We had a good night, but were forced to wake up the next morning, load the truck, process out of this duty station, and head to the next. Goodbye Alaska! We are sure to miss you dearly.


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings