Tuesday, March 8, 2011

clueless hands-free phones and reflections

As a totally clueless adolescent, I used to covet this little beauty:



Ladies, please tell me you remember those. It is none other than the clueless hands free phone. The coolest feature was when someone picked up another phone the eavesdropping detector kicked in and it made you aware by saying,"Someone is listening" or something along those lines.  There were also some pretty sweet pre-recorded "effects" and knobs that allowed you to change the sound of your voice.

I only mention this to reflect on the awesomeness that was the 90's and to talk about stages in life.

Oh, the powers of this Clueless Hands-Free Phone.

I remember feeling as though I couldn't possibly be complete without this toy in my possession (although I would never NOT EVER call it a toy back then). It was an essential tool I needed to keep up with my friends and various boyfriends on nights and weekends when school would part us.

I finally got the phone but due to multiple glitches and/or inconveniences the phone became more like a hassle than a luxury. My point is that I seem to always look forward to the next big thing. I don't mean strictly material possessions (although I'd love to upgrade my current iphone to an iphone 4!) but I say this to encompass all things in life. When I was graduating college I couldn't wait until I found steady employment. When I found steady employment, I wanted to get my Master's. When I started school again, I met J and realized I wanted to get married. After getting married, we quickly made the decision to start trying to conceive (TTC).

It's a flaw, I think. I need to make a point to focus on right now. Captain J tries to remind me of this often. When I was disappointed about the last ultrasound attempt (or lack thereof) at finding out the sex, he told me to enjoy this time. He told me that I was only going to be pregnant for the first time once in my life and I should try to hold on to the joys that come with it (Pff! This coming from a man!). I suppose there's some truth to that, though.

And just like I should've picked up that totally awesome Clueless phone a lot more back in the day, I should also cherish each moment in my life right now, too. I might just miss it when life changes again

I'm 25 and exactly where I want to be in life. Not too many people can say that.

* To celebrate this realization I have a special surprise tomorrow that I hope you'll join me in. I'm starting my very own blog hop for Wednesdays. Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about it and if you feel like it you can link up then.

Love,

6 comments:

hilary said...

That phone was the bee's knees, but my mom wouldn't let me have it!! I was pesto-green with envy of all the ladies that had it.

Remy said...

HOLY SHIT.

I remember that phone. My friend had one, and her older sister would often listen in to our conversations. The SOMEONE IS LISTENING was hilarious.

Amanda Taylor said...

Oh this makes me laugh. I loved that phone :) I remember getting it in 5th grade for my birthday. I was so excited, and I remember using the voice changer to call Zack to see what his favorite football player was 'cause I wanted to buy him a poster but didn't want to seem like a "bad girlfriend" by forgetting...so I called and acted like Chaz (Can't remember his last name). Oh that phone was great :)

Sheena said...

Oh my, I had one too! That was like the iPhone of the 90's, well it was for me at least. Too funny you still have yours

Your Pal Val said...

Im 10 And Reall Wont One Of These

Baeleigh said...

Omg i loved my phone!!! I have been trying to find one to buy! Ive looked at amazon and ebay and if anyone could help me i would appreciate it!!! Clueless is one of my all time favorite movies and i would love love love to have a piece of my childhood back!! Thank you!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings