Monday, March 7, 2011

So there I was...

On the morning of my wedding day, January 04, 2010, happy as a lark. It was all so surreal. Was I really 'goin' to the chapel'? And 'Gonna get married?' Yes, yes I was.

I came across some photos that I didn't know I had in my possession and I had to share. Most of you know, our wedding ceremony was thrown together in just a few days. There were no guests, no stressors, nothing. It was just me and him.

I remember thinking, "Does he really want to marry this girl, the one with the 'Animal' panties on?"

What?! Maybe I needed to do laundry! Give me a break, people.

I also wondered what I'd do without the women in my life. It's no surprise that I'm not the best at hair and makeup. They helped me get all dolled up for my big day.





Everyone always seems to say, "I haven't weighed that since my wedding" or something along those lines. So as I squeezed into my size 2 wedding dress, I remember hoping that I would be able to wear it again someday. You know, just to try it on for size, make sure it still fits...



Somehow the wedding all came together. I had something new-



Something(s) borrowed-







And something blue-



As you can see, there was no nervousness, no second thoughts, no need to worry about a thing. I was only blissfully happy, waiting on my man to pick me up so we could go get hitched!



Sure, the day wasn't completely perfect. I mean, just look at J's uniform. He forgot his Ranger Tab back in Alaska, which just about killed him. And me, you'll remember that I forgot my big girl panties and had to leave my pride with them. But other than that- yes, that day was dreamy.

That day I married my best friend.



Happily Ever After.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I love looking at the "outtakes" of the day. They are great

Mrs. S. said...

Size 2! Insane. You're gorgeous :)

Mrs. K said...

Thanks, Mrs. S! Size 2s just don't normally work for me so I like to announce it. Lol

Mrs. K said...

Me too, Jenn. It's fun to reminisce!

Nicole said...

You are too funny! You never told my about your animal panties! LMAO! And of course, you were such a beautiful bride!

B said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings