Friday, March 11, 2011

seventeen

I do beg your pardon if my baby bump postings are starting to annoy thee.

I just can't help it. I'm forgetful and this experience is one that I don't want to forget!

Here we are in all our glory at 17 weeks-


Size of Baby: Onion


Total Weight Gain: Back down to 3lbs :/


Maternity Clothes: No. I would like to go shopping for some, though. I especially need some shorts. I just don't look right strollin' around in my pre-baby shorts. Maybe we'll break those back out when I can look down and actually see them on me again! ;)


Gender: Unknown


Movement: Still haven't felt much


Sleep: I have no problem sleeping. I have more of a problem staying awake!


What I Miss: my normal, Mrs. K hormones- these nutty pregnancy ones are getting to me!


Cravings: Poptarts


Symptoms: Round Ligament Pain


Women's Health Care Topics says this:



"Your baby during week 17 is very mobile, gleefully moving his joints here, there and everywhere and he will continue to do so as you continue your pregnancy week by week. The cartilage making up the skeleton in your baby's body is starting to transform into bone. At 17 weeks, your baby should be hearing things. Your baby will start putting on some layers of fat in the weeks to come, though at this point in time, your baby is made up of primarily water.

You may be feeling your baby move intermittently after pregnancy week 17, though as your pregnancy progresses, you will likely start feeling your baby move more and more.

There are many natural health practitioners that believe in the power of touch. Though your little one is still very small, your touch may do much to help him feel safe and warm inside the womb. If you haven't started already, you might consider rubbing your 'pooch' in calming circular motions. This will not only help comfort your little one, but will help initiate the bonding process with you and your baby throughout your pregnancy and after.

Other women find comfort playing music to their unborn children. There is evidence suggesting that your baby responds to music even while in the womb. Thus, there is no harm in playing some calm and engaging music to your unborn baby."

In a nutshell, Baby and I are doing just fine. I didn't go back to the doctor this week because I had no weight gain to show for the week. If you're not up to date on this situation you can read about it here. I suppose I'll eat a lot this weekend and try to go in on Monday. I'm not going to worry about it, though. So many women have contacted me to tell me that I'm definitely within the normal range of weight gain. Because Baby is measuring right on target, I'm not worried anymore.

I'm off to bask in the glory of this beautiful weekend and the fact  that in just a few minutes my family will be here to see me.

Love,

7 comments:

k said...

You look great! I'm glad the weight gain/lack thereof is not getting to you. Every woman and every pregnancy is different! I gained most weight from about 25-30 weeks, and I gained it pretty quickly. Since, then it's been a pound here or there. Hopefully you will start to feel your little one moving soon, it's so reassuring.

hilary said...

You look so cute!

Sheena said...

I love it! You are past that "is she fat or is there a baby in there " stage :)

laura weigleDave Weigle said...

He can hear something??? Daddy Jordan break out the guitar and start crooning. We are getting excited here in Paint Rock. Got the playroom finished. Ready for our bundle of joy to come play!!!! Grandma Lolly

J.Ashley said...

awwww look at your tummy!!

Lydia said...

aw!! you look so beautiful !!!

christiansinglemother said...

You look great for 17 weeks. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings