Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patty's Day Cheer

I have an insatiable desire to make minor holidays leave major impacts on my little family. I think one day my children will enjoy this about me. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure my husband is less than impressed. Hehe :) Nevertheless, I plug away at crafting or gathering festive, small gifts to make his day a little brighter.


Today is St. Patrick's Day! I'll bet you already knew that, didn't you? Maybe you've already been pinched for not participating in the green wearing fun? Perhaps you have plans to drink green beer tonight and be merry! If so, have one for me. As for Mrs. K, Captain J, and BayBay- we'll be chillin' out, bein' old.


Still, we will enjoy these little treats-



I suppose I should explain what is goin' on there. Ya see, Captain J has been a wittle sick. Bless his allergy attacked, stuffy head.



So, I got him more Kleenex. What of it?!


I also like to include some fun fact about the day when I start making holiday cheer & shenanigans, which is why I typed this out for him to read:



(No making fun of my sad attempt at shamrock perfection) If you can't read the fine print, it says that St. Patrick is credited with using the shamrock as a teaching tool to explain to others the three divine persons in one God- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Hoping to find a bible verse to illustrate, I opened my bible and found these words:



There are obnoxious St. Patty's day stickers all over the Lucky Charms (that conveniently say "Lucky in Love"), green muffins for Cap'n to take to work to share with the guys (they're banana nut..yum!), and the bag has a shiny, new green shirt in it.


Also, what's St. Patrick's Day without an Irish blessing?


 


I extend that blessing to all of you, too! I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.


                                                                                                       


4 comments:

Candice said...

I wish I was half as creative as you. It all looks great.

Dave Weigle said...

You are going to be a fantabulous mother and I can't wait to join you in the crafting with our baby!! It is going to be so much fun! Sorry Captain J doesn't feel good, but I'm sure your creativeness brought a smile to his mug. Well Erin go Braugh and top of the morning to you both! Love Laura

Alyson said...

You are so awesome

carina blogarina said...

I completely get what you mean! I have the same desire. Not only with family (mostly because I don't have my own yet I guess) but with friends to :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings