Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pregnant With Laughter: Part 1

I'm starting my very first ever weekly blog hop! Are you pumped? I know I am! Here's the deal- I know that I can't count on my hands and feet all the people I know who are pregnant. On top of all that, there are even more bloggers that find themselves with a bun in the oven. I thought it would be fun to have a place to come each week and share the hilarious happenings of our pregnant journeys together. With that said, I would like to introduce to you:



Do you have a crazy pregnancy dream to share? Maybe you snapped at your neighbor for no good reason? Perhaps you're a mother already and your child said or did something this week that made you guffaw. Even if you aren't a mom yet, you can share a story you've had dealing with children. Whatever it is, I'd love to hear all about it!

This week my story is rather embarrassing. Let me paint the picture for you...

The house is spotless. I've been working all day to make it that way. I decide I deserve a break so I hobble into the bathroom, the one that has the tub in it. The water is approaching scalding hot so I'm only sitting in it until it can cool down so that I'm able to actually lay back and relax. Meanwhile, my cell begins to blast the familiar music that is the ringtone for all those people not saved in my phone. It's a 706 number so I figure it's important and answer the phone saying, "Hello?" "Yes, this is she" because I'm proper like that. Lo and behold, it's my doctor. The doctor who wiped icky goo off of my protruding belly just last week as I fumbled with re-fastening my jeans (Will I ever get comfortable with having to do this every month?).  He begins to discuss with me the importance of various tests as I counter with, "I'm not going to abort my baby so there's no point in having these done." The conversation is quick, but long enough to take the sting off of the hot water. As I'm hanging up the phone with the man who will be dangerously close to my lady parts once a month for at least the next 5 months, I start to lean back in the bathtub. Our tub is one that has jets in it. It's heavenly, I think. I mean, I wouldn't know since this pregnant gal can't use the massaging jets. Anyway, the water begins to gather around the jets in the tub and makes this awful sound. It sounds as if pregnant lady gas is exploding, shaking the very frame of our home. Of course, I know what the sound really was. It was just water seeping into the jets! But does he think the worst? I can just imagine my doctor listening to this sound over and over in his head every time he looks at me now. Needless to say, I quickly hung up the phone. Thankfully, it was before I announced, "I swear that wasn't a poot." Now, THAT just goes to show this ordeal could have been significantly worse.

Anything humorous happen to you this week? Tell us all about it ;) Feel free to grab the picture above and be sure to link up with me here. Can't wait to hear what you all have to say! Don't have a blog? Leave your story in the comment section.



11 comments:

Beth Makowski said...

Oh Kacy, I love this!!! I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!

Beth Makowski said...

By the way, I thought that said "Pregnant with Daughter" the first time I looked at it. I was like, YAY she is having a GIRL. I got myself all worked up, then I read it again....

Mrs. K said...

haha! I thought about that before I posted it. I hoped I would trick someone ;)

Jenn said...

Awesome blog hop!!!! I'm not preggo yet as you know but I'm excited to see why everyone says! That is funny. Way to try to cover up your poot girl... Just kidding. I know that sound of water in the tub jets all too well. I'm sure nothing surprises obgyn's by now.

Tiffany said...

Kacy,
okay so i'm not pregnant nor do i have a child, BUT i do have a pretty funny/very-embarrassing-at-the-time story. Sooo here it goes.... As you know, I work at Bed Bath and Beyond and this past monday I worked a 12-8 shift. Well our store hours are 9:30-9. I'm up at customer service and our register says "19:57" and people just keep coming in. So I'm thinking to myself "Gosh I wonder if these people know that they only have three minutes til we close" (keep in mind that the time is SEVEN: 57). So I'm going over the closing announcement in my head and then boom! the time strikes 20:00. So i get on the PA system and say "Good evening bed bath and beyond shoppers. The time is now nine oclock and our registers will remain open for your convienance. We open in the morning at 9:30 am. Have a great evening and thank you for shopping at bed bath and beyond." Well after i put the phone down I look up and all of the other workers seem puzzled and are staring at me then I hear my manager yell over the walkie, "Tiffany, IT'S ONLY EIGHT"! I was soooo embarrassed, I had to get back on the PA and say "cancel that last message" lol Oh it was so horrible. So when I went into work today everyone was like "Hey, Tiff, what time is it?" They think they're sooo funny! lol.

pna said...

Hey looking forward to this blog!!! I am trying to think of a good prego story for ya. Nothing I can think of that I am not too embarrassed to share... LOL Who knows I might get brave enough for that eventually. :)

I do have a funny kid story... My niece, Celisity, (who was 4 at the time)was with her other aunt one day when a male (I believe he was a Dr. of some sort) said to her "You sure are getting big."
Celisity replies "I don't want to get big."
"Why not?"
Celisity: "I don't wanna have a period."

Leshuana said...

Some how it changed my name to PNA... wanted you to know who wrote it. LOL

Mrs. K said...

haha! That sucks. I hate hearing my voice on a loud speaker anyway so that would have been even more mortifying for me if I had done that. Sounds like something I would do. You're too cute, Tiff. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. K said...

OMGosh! lol I don't think I knew what a period was until I was in about fifth grade. That's so funny! I can't wait to hear some of the stories that come out of my child's mouth (I think). Thanks for sharing, Leshuana!

weekend reading material « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] everyone who shared your funny, kiddy or preggo stories! I enjoyed those of you who commented here, sent me stories and messages on facebook, and [...]

christiansinglemother said...

Love the idea. Sorry I missed your email and was a little late this week. I will write a blog next week. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings