Friday, March 25, 2011

Cocoa Butter Goddess

Boy or Girl? What will it be? You only have one more week to cast your votes (in the poll on the right hand side of the page)! I still don't have the slightest idea or feeling. The Chinese calendar said it was to be a girl, along with the rest of my family, but we shall see. I can't wait to find out, but I suppose I'm going to have to.

I'm incredibly sick of lathering up in cocoa butter and constantly smelling like a beach. As I try to prevent stretch marks, I find that many mothers think this notion is impossible. I've heard, "It's all about your genes" or " 90% of women get them", but I tend to cling on to the words of comfort that I hear from a select few- "Cocoa butter and/or oils worked for me."

I will not defy the cocoa butter gods.

If you see me around town looking shiny and smelling like the cast of Jersey Shore, forgive me. I'm trying to prevent my skin from stretching too much too fast.

I have good news, though. I have gained some weight! More on this later. Here's an update on the babe-

19 Weeks


Size of Baby: heirloom tomato (6 in, 8.5 oz)


Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs. I was up to 7-8 but I weighed again today and I'm back down. Still progress, though.


Maternity Clothes: I can't wear size four and below anymore, but I can still button some of my size six pants if I pull them just below my belly. I haven't purchased any maternity clothing just yet, but I did buy a bathing suit from Motherhood Maternity to prepare for my upcoming beach trip. I wouldn't want to scare anyone off with my pasty white burgeoning belly!


I see lots of cool, flowing dresses in my near future. It's so hot here!


Oh, and preggo moms- Go to Gap! They have lots of shirts made for longer silhouettes so it's easy to find clothes that will grow with you. See the peach shirt in the photo? I purchased that there.


Gender: ??


Movement: I felt the baby move for the first time last Sunday. It was so weird/awesome. I have felt him/or her several times after that. I can definitely understand why many women think it feels like a snake. The first incident, though, I felt like someone was drumming their fingers inside me.


Sleep: I would sleep all day if I could. It is becoming harder to get comfortable at night. I look forward to being able to sleep on my tummy and back again.


What I Miss: Having energy to go on adventures!


Cravings: I just ate 7 marshmellows. I'll leave it at that.


Symptoms: Round Ligament Pain and paranoia! Does that count?



EasyBabyLife.com says this:
The nerves cells for each of the senses: hearing, smelling, tasting, seeing and touching are developing in their very own parts of the brain now, while other nerve cell production slows down as existing nerve cells grow larger and make more complex connections within the brain.

Your baby already has developed a sweet tooth! If sugar water is injected in the amniotic fluid, the baby drinks twice as much of the fluid as she usually does.

All I have to say is- of course my baby will have a sweet tooth! :)

Over and out,

Mrs. K (aka: Cocoa Butter Goddess)

9 comments:

Kaylee said...

I am so tired of cocoa butter as well dear!!! I hate the feeling of being lotioned all over, and sadly i found my first stretch mark two nights ago BUT the good news is that it is like barely there (only I can really see it) and it's on my boob where I have not been putting lotion so I am a firm believer that the lotion is working for me :)

Congrats on feel the baby move, isn't it wonderful? I never really thought about it being a snake but I guess so. haha.

And I think we are totally lucky that we aren't big during the winter so we get to wear dresses once we become huge :)
I can't wait to see what it is!

jennifer m said...

I love your lil baby belly!!!

Beth said...

I used the Burts Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter all throughout my pregnancy and I ended up with no stretch marks on my belly! I loved it, it was greasy, but not smelly.

Nicole said...

You look wonderful my dear! I hope the Cocoa Butter works for you! Besides, who doesn't want to smell like a beach?

carolina robinette crews said...

all i have to say is i was fat before the baby, with that tire on my belly so i did not have to worry about stretch marks because i already had them!! haha!!! but after i had jade I lost about 45 pounds which i am now the smallest i have ever been in my life and NOW i notice the stretch marks!!! I wonder if that lotion will help me now or am I doomed!!

Kimberly said...

I dear, I guess cocoa butter is in my (hopeful) future then! Does The Body Shop have any kind of cocoa butter that doesn't actually smell like it? Haha!

Take care :-)

Jenn said...

Awww you're too cute. I'm praying the coco butter works when I get pregnant!

ugg boots sale said...

I simply position the link of your blog in this little Facebook Wall. very good blog indeed

ugg boots said...

the right time to read or check out the content

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings