Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3 Under 3

For the past few weeks, I've had this feeling. You know the one. I have felt sick, icky, and a whole lot of anxious. I was lethargic. I was bloating. I was terrified. The combination of these things is what lead me to Walgreens one sunny afternoon with the intention of buying a pregnancy test. I made it a point to wait on J to get home from work because I didn't want all the judgment that would inevitably be hurdled my way from walking in with a toddler and a three month old to purchase such an item. To make it  even more humiliating, J was requesting beer. I hate buying beer when I'm pregnant.
Anyway, I stepped up to the counter with Corona, 3 cheap pregnancy tests, birth control pills, and Cadbury Eggs. Don't judge me.
The young guy ringing me up asked me how I was and I wanted to say, "Based on the items you casually rang up, how do you think I am?" I didn't say that. I just said I was great and tried not to lose it. I was so nervous. After all, how could I handle three children? Three children under three? This couldn't be my life. There's no way God wants this for me. I'm barely an acceptable mother as it is.
I took test after test. Each one sported an extremely faint line (just like it did when Baby A came along) that only I could see. My husband began to think I was crazy. I was convinced, though. I began thinking about the car we recently bought and how we'd have to get something bigger. I started wondering where we would go from here. Most of all, I wondered what God was thinking. I finally found comfort in Psalm 16:11 "You will show me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy..." I just had to trust in Him. If this is what He wants for us, I'll be joyful in that decision.
My phone rang today. The man on the line gave me those sweet words that had my heart beating just a little faster-
"Your result is negative."
Turns out, God knows exactly what He's doing. Thanks to Him, I think I will start legitimizing the existence of P(Postpartum)TSD. It's a real thing, folks...and I have it. Maybe we could even name it after me? The Mrs. K Syndrome has a nice ring to it.



14 comments:

Karen said...

I don't blame you for being terrified! I would feel the same way. And that is the sweetest text ever!!

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Whew! For a moment I was scared with you! Glad to hear everything is working in the order you would like it too :) PS your husband scored points with that text. LOL

Alejandra said...

That's been one of my hugest fears!! Thankfully I haven't slipped up yet. I always make Hubs buy the tests on his way home.. LOL
I wish I could have read the cashiers mind! That's hilarious!

ines said...

PHEW! i can only imagine how relieved you feel. love the text your husband sent :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love your combination of purchases. In my mind I would have thought you were preparing for both end results. Beer and birth control for negative, Cadbury for positive. I'm glad it all worked out okay.

Chantal said...

Ack that would be stressful!

Bee said...

I can only imagine what grocery check out people think of purchases in general.

That said, I have a special needs cat. Sometimes when his issues are on the fritz I have to feed him baby food. I once purchased the cheapest baby food I could find with crumpled $1 bills found stuffed in my pocket (I was on my way home from a workout and didn't have my wallet). I also look like a teenager. I don't even want to know what the cashier thought.

Glad to hear you're not pregnant. High five.

JG said...

Wow, talk about a heart stopper! but you're right, God knows best :)

Jen said...

Wow definitely a heart stopper...crazy!

Angie said...

Oh my goodness I would freak out! That is my fear right now. No way could I handle another baby.

Kace said...

High five! I think I'll go celebrate with sushi and wine and all of my favorite things.

LOL - the things we do for our pets.

Amber Nicole said...

J's reply was PERFECTLY worded! haha!
and oh my gosh, how did I miss this post?! Phew! I'd have freaked too!! So crazy!

And I love the looks cashiers give you when you buy the most random stuff.

Also, buying beer while pregnant totally sucks. It's so so weird!!

Fran said...

Oh my gosh, I think I would've been freaked out for you haha

Vanessa said...

So stressful, indeed! I'm glad that I use charting for BC... sucks while breastfeeding, but at least I know what's going on with my body and get pregnancy scares rarely. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings