Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

In just over a week, I'll be returning to school to work on my Master's again. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Our Mac is acting like it's coming down with the sickness and that's just the least of my worries. Last time I worked on this degree, I had a colicky newborn. I couldn't get anything done. J was also working on his Master's (still is) and we were constantly working and always stressed. What has changed? Well, that colicky newborn is now a very challenging toddler and another babe has been added to our family. That's why I'm nervous. I couldn't do it then. What if I can't do it now? I already feel overwhelmed in trying to get simple house chores done in addition to successfully parenting each day. Perhaps I'm too hard on myself. I've been known to be that way from time to time.
Anyway, I wanted to let my fellow college-goers in on the perks of renting textbooks with CampusBookRentals.com.  By doing so, you can save anywhere between 40-90%! That's awesome. We all know how ridiculously expensive text books can be. I almost always purchase mine online. Their program includes free shipping both ways and flexible rental periods. You can also feel free to highlight in the texts, too. That's a must for me. I'm a highlighting machine.
One of the best perks of renting with them is that they donate to Operation Smile with every rental!
They also have a new program called RentBack.com that allows you to rent your books to other students. Obviously, a huge perk there would be that you would likely make more money by renting the book out to other people instead of a one time selling fee. At the end of the period, you'll get your own book back. Brilliant!
For those of you who are plugging away at a degree, keep up the good work. Keep fightin' the good fight. As for me, I think I'll adopt this mantra:

(Full Disclosure: I was compensated for writing this post. As always, opinions expressed are my own.)

8 comments:

Jen said...

You can do it. I'm sure it seems like a lot to handle but you can do it. :) My husband loves campusbookrentals, they have been amazing so far.

Jen said...

Awe man, I am studying for my GRE so I can apply to grad school. Not looking forward to it at all. More power to you!

Lisa C said...

Good luck! I'm working on my Masters now, too.

Karen said...

You can do it!!! You might have some challenges along the way - but you will definitely be able to overcome them and get that Masters!!!

Niken said...

i believe you can do it and you'll do it great!

Angie said...

You can do it!

Chantal said...

You can do it! (Like everyone else has said lol)

JG said...

It's not the same, but I'm headed back into the workforce soon, for the first time in years. I am SO nervous! I sympathize!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings