Monday, March 4, 2013

The Calm After the Storm


Thanks for all your kind words with my last post. I seriously felt ridiculous for letting all that stuff upset me, but y'all made me feel so much better and loved! I had the best weekend to make up for the crazy town week I had. I'll tell you all about it in a sec, but first I want you to head on over to Katie's page. I'm guest posting about how the military has impacted me over there today while she's away at Basic Training:


Friday was a good day. Cray K, Baby A, and I packed up and headed across town for a play date. Usually, I have made friends before I get to a place thanks to blogging or online forums. This time? I know no one. Any Jacksonville bloggers out there? I couldn't seem to find any. I only got overwhelmed when I signed on to MeetUp.com. Pay dues every year for friends? Fill out a series of questions to see if you're accepted to the group? Eek. No, thanks. I'd much rather facebook stalk some friends and then meet up with them. Ha! I found a wonderful local group and met up with two very sweet ladies who have children around Cray K's age. It was good for him to be around other children, but I think it was even more beneficial to me to be around adults finally. I really enjoyed it and will hopefully be joining them in all kinds of shenanigans.

Captain J got home late that night and we woke up to a nice little Saturday. We just ran some errands, but it was so good to have him home. He let me sneak out for a couple hours to get my hair done. Then, after we put the boys to bed, we had a little in-house date. We ordered sushi, popped open some red wine and played Mario 3! Fun stuff.

Sunday we skipped church. Actually, we haven't been since Baby A was born. At first, we were just following doctor's orders, but now it's one of those things we're dreading. Not because we don't want to go to church, we really really do. I'm just anxious to attempt it with two babies. As you know, Cray K doesn't do well at childcare. Next week is the week, though. Baby A is now three months old and ready to be introduced to the world! 

Anyway, we woke up craving our old haunt in Alaska, LuLu's Bagel's. Since we can't have those anytime soon, we set out to find some bagels and coffee. I put on my firmoo glasses and a little mascara and headed out the door.

Later that night, J fixed us some delicious tuna and creamy spinach. Yum! 

It was a sweet day with my little family. We are so thrilled to have daddy back for good! Well, until next month that is. 

How was your weekend?

Linking up here:



9 comments:

JennaDK said...

I'm in Jax!!! Lets get together!

Amber Nicole said...

I'm glad J's home!

This sounds like it was a nice little weekend!

Chantal said...

That tuna looks great! I do wish we lived closer than 4 hours... such fun we'd have.

Kathryn B said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love playing Super Mario 3!

Becca said...

Love the hair!

Kristin said...

Sounds perfect! Lulu's is in Fairbanks? I'd kill for a Dunkin. There's plenty of bagel shops but no donuts!

Jen said...

Sounds perfect, so glad your family is back together. :)

Jenn said...

Love your hair! That sounds like an amazing weekend to me. Alone time, hubby time, and friends time what more could one ask for?

JG said...

What a great weekend!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings