Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Overheard At My House

One of my favorite bloggers has a series like this from time to time and I always love reading the sentences uttered around her house. Her boys are talking so that makes it that much funnier- out of the mouths of babes. Meanwhile, I'm continually surprised by what comes out of MY mouth as I spend my days raising our boys at home. Here are just a few phrases I've said in the last few months. Don't judge me.


*"Oh, don't put your paci in the toilet!" Followed closely by, "No! Don't put the paci in your mouth!"

*"You can't get up from this chair until you can act like an adult" - Um? LOL That's going to be awhile, Mrs. K. Great parenting. Not. I actually laughed out loud after I said this because it was so ridiculous to say to an 18 month old.

*"If you break that, I'm breaking your spirit."

*"Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?"

*"Don't run Holly over with your train."

*"Please don't play with Holly's teeth."

*"Dear Lord, please get me to nap time."

*"Here, you clean the rest. You made the mess."


Have you said anything funny or surprising to your kids recently? Do tell.

10 comments:

Louise Burnette Barnes said...

loved this!!

Unknown said...

My two and a half yr old son likes to ride on his daddy's back like he is a horse. The other day husband was getting onto our 8 yr old for talking back out of the blue the little one, with all the conviction he could come up with says...." thats not berry nice, horsey!" Try not laughing at that!

Unknown said...

My two and a half yr old son likes to ride on his daddy's back like he is a horse. The other day husband was getting onto our 8 yr old for talking back out of the blue the little one, with all the conviction he could come up with says...." thats not berry nice, horsey!" Try not laughing at that!

Chantal said...

My daily utterances... "What's in your mouth?" "What did you just eat?" "Be gentle!!" "No, Penny, you can't climb the TV stand." "Did you poop?"

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at your quote: "Is there where you want to be when Jesus comes back?"

Angie said...

"Stop waving your arms in the air while eating. This is not a rave." That is the big one at the moment.

Jen said...

Hahaha this is too funny. Oh the things you never thought you would say. :)

JG said...

Hahaha "I'll break your spirit!" Nice!

AlanaMarie said...

I love it!
I often bribe 11 week old Evey with $$ if she'll take a nap. I think I owe her around $2K now.

Bethany and Isaac said...

Hi! We have a mutual friend who is in the Army, Sarah N., and she suggested I "meet" you! I sent you a message on Facebook but I'm sure it went to your "Others" folder so you may not get a notification. Anyway. I'm in Jacksonville and love it here and I'm always looking for a friend, so feel free to add me back on FB! =o)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings