Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today

(Shoes & Top- Target; Burnt Orange Skinnies and Bracelet- Altar'd State)

What a day. It's silly to me to think about why I end each day feeling as if nothing was accomplished when in reality I do a lot. Moms do that. There's always some chore to be done, a little boo-boo to kiss- energy expended into these tiny humans. Yeah, stuff got done today. I raised my child a little more and that's enough. Some days it doesn't feel like it, but I know better.

And besides all that, I got a lot done anyway- washed diapers, attended Baby A's doctor visit, filled out paperwork for my upcoming visit to see Doc, scheduled gym time for a mommy & me class, cleaned the kitchen...

Oh, the list goes on. I'm terrified of starting school again next week. I already have anxiety about it. I don't know how I'll find time; I just know it will work out. Somehow, it'll get done. Surely.

I got a quick workout in today, too. Thanks to my new Polar watch that arrived in the mail, I know that I burned 200 calories in under 20 minutes. Not too bad for an impromptu burn sesh! I'm learning to accept that I don't get allotted exercise time so I have to jump at the chance when I do see a window of opportunity. J came home to work at the house, K was sleeping, and A was sleepy after his doctor appointment so I strapped on my HR monitor and running shoes and hit the road. I ran a mile and then came home to do burpees, squats, and crunches. Both babes were up within minutes of me getting home. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have more time to play with the monitor, but I love it so far.

Oh, you're wondering what the photo has to do with this post? Absolutely nothing. I just wore that today and decided to play fashionista. The bright colors had me daydreaming of Spring. Just kidding. I live in Florida. It's always spring.

Over and out.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I am dying to get that Polar watch, I just need to buy it. :)

Fran said...

love your outfit! and I'm sure you'll do just fine in school :)

Bethany and Isaac said...

You look super cute and are obviously still a northerner. I view any day under 70 as a day to wear some of my cute boots. :)

Chantal said...

I love the outfit too! I want a Polar fitness watch so bad :(

Anonymous said...

Love that outfit! I'm trying to get into a pregnancy workout schedule right now and am failing. But this motivated me! (Even though you're not pregnant)

JG said...

You look so cute! I need more color in my life!

Angi said...

I love your outfit!! And 200 calories in under 20 minutes is AWESOME.

ines said...

love the outfit!!! i need a polar watch. i have been eyeing everyone's on instagram (thanks for the tip btw!), but i can't seem to make up my mind which one i want.

Ashley said...

New follower coming over from Jessica's blog! I completely agree with you -- sometimes you sit back at the end of the day and feel completely unproductive ... but as Moms, we do a LOT in the grand scheme of things!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings