Sunday, March 28, 2010

Angel Rocks

On Saturday we took advantage of the nice, warm weather and headed out of town for a day hike around the Chena River. The trail we took off on was the Angel Rocks Trail, a popular hike in the summer time. In the winter months, people tend to stay away from it, though. It's not a difficult hike, but it can easily get me breathing pretty hard as you'll see in a sec. It felt good to be outside again and there were a couple times where I actually felt hot. I haven't had that feeling in awhile! Bring on summer!

In the video you're about to watch, you'll see Captain J and Drifter standing on what I called "the water" which, of course, is actually ice. The part of the trail where I started filming was straight uphill so as you can imagine, I lost the spring in my step a bit. "The boys" were ahead of me so they stopped to check out the frozen river. Drifter was not a fan of the ice!







On the way back down, we actually walked on the river against my wishes. I just kept having visions of my husband falling in and me having to run miles and miles in snowshoes in order to get him help. It wasn't cold outside (about 30-35 degrees Farenheight), but falling in ice cold water in the bush out there would have been problematic. We made it out of the woods with ten fingers and ten toes each so all is well. The following is when we reached the top and were enjoying the view God gave us. I sent this video to my mom to let her know I was thinking of them. It's a little shaky b/c we were standing on a small rock together-







Thanks for watching!

4 comments:

carissa said...

I can't watch this right now, but I marked my reader as unread to come back. Regardless, I know your over the snow- but I am a little jealous right now. Well not anymore, now I'm ready for summer... but 2 months ago I woulda been jealous.

chancesimtaking said...

Love it. It looks so beautiful. You are truly blessed to have that time with your "boys"!

kacysue said...

Carissa-Yeah, I'm a little over it now but I'm sure I'll miss it when I leave!

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] In March, we took a trip to the gorgeous Valdez, continued to love on each other (see this date night), attended the Alaska Outhouse Race of 2010, discovered broomball, and enjoyed another scenic hike at Angel Rocks. [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings