Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stories

I'm sitting in front of the t.v watching a typical love scene on a bad soap opera and nothing stands in my way from the remote on the other half of the couch except a sweetly sleeping puppy with his head on my lap. How can I wake him? I've always had this problem. A couple days after I met Captain J, he invited me to go to the beach with him. During the ride to salty water and windy beaches, he fell asleep on my lap so I tried desperately not to breathe deeply so I wouldn't wake him. I also was somewhat excited that he felt comfortable enough with me to go to sleep on my lap until it hit me that he's just a guy and he was surely only concerned about sleeping and easily passing the time in the car! Oh well. Still, nothing has changed. If J is sleeping, I tip toe around the house. If he's sleeping on me, I'll endure thousands of those tingly things that attack my arm just before it falls "asleep" so as not to wake my dear husband. It's because of the look he gives me when he is just waking up. I imagine it's the look he would give me if I rolled his 1985 CJ8 (which can be seen here) off the nearest cliff.

So, here I am...stuck watching the "stories" which aren't mine! I'll take this opportunity to catch you up on what's been going on the past couple of days. Monday we took Drifter to puppy class yet again. I wish dogs could ignore nature in some way and not act on their sexual instincts because it grosses me out. Drifter was being quite the male harlot and I was slightly appalled. I can't wait to get him neutered! Other than that fiasco, he did pretty well. He didn't bark the entire time this class period.

After class, Captain J loaded Drifter in the jeep while I jumped in the truck to head off to a night out with my girls. I met Kim, Allison and her two children, and Kristel for dinner at Boston's. Sometimes I get into funks and feel as if I don't have any friends here, but after spending time with these ladies, they always seem to cheer me up. I find it hard to find balance between reaching out and making plans with friends when I feel like I rarely get to see J as it is. I'm sure they feel the same way because all of their husbands are Army guys, too and I'm sure they're working just as hard as J does. I was thankful we had that time to meet up because it truly lifted my spirits in knowing that I do have some girlfriends up here in Alaska.

Tonight we are headed back to obedience class, so wish us luck!

3 comments:

Carina the blogarina said...

Aww, sleeping dogs are so peaceful. Was it your dog or your husband sleeping in your lap when you wrote this? I got confused. lol. You are a much nicer person then I am though, I just wake them up. Good luck with obedience class!

kacysue said...

It was the dog. haha I'm hard to follow!

studentrntiffany said...

Best of luck at obedience school!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings