Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Post it!

It's Post It Note Tuesday again! Click the pic to check out SupahMommy's page. Here's my sticky for the day--


We chucked the dog outside at 0500 this morning because he had been whining literally all night. Yesterday, I set up his play pen outside because the weather is getting warmer and we never fully intended him to be an inside dog. He's been outside ever since and I feel like I have my life back! I woke up a little before eight and got to work tackling laundry, cleaning bathrooms, and making the kitchen sparkle look decent.


When Drifter is around, he either-





  •   follows me around as I try to clean and walks all over my feet


  • gets into the trash, rips up paper, then consumes it


  • barks constantly and loudly if he's crated


Do you see the pattern? It's difficult for me to get anything done around here, but now that spring is on its way, I don't mind to put him outside for awhile for some "me" time...even if I am cleaning. It feels good to do something besides babysit a five month old husky! I was proud of him in class last night, though. He seems to be getting better. Or maybe I'm just biased ;) Do I talk about my pet too much?


Moving on...


Anyway, as I was cleaning the sink (which is a daily chore here because my Army man is constantly having to shave) the water started spitting out oddly and making one of the worst noises I've heard to date then the water turned an ugly brown. Sweet! The water is out...I can quit cleaning with a good excuse! ha


In Fairbanks, many have their water in a holding tank and just schedule deliveries when they're running low. This prevents pipes from freezing and having to deal with trying to get running water out in the middle of nowhere, etc. This is what we do, too. It's really not as much as a hassle as I thought it would be when we moved in. As you can see today, it's working to my benefit!


More later,


Mrs. K

5 comments:

kimbrap said...

-follows me around as I try to clean and walks all over my feet

-gets into the trash, rips up paper, then consumes it

-barks constantly and loudly when crated

Yep, that sounds like all three of mine! :-)

kacysue said...

haha! Speaking of your little ones, I'm gonna need you to send me that video of Aiden again singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo" if you still have it!
Yay, I'm glad you found me here. I miss you dearly!!

kimbodarlin said...

You have said that Drifter is a "trial run" for future children.....just know that when they are following you around, getting into the trash and screaming at the top of their lungs....you don't get to chuck them outside! LOL. (But you can put up a baby gate so they can't escape--doesn't sound quite so cruel now, uh?) And like children, being consistant, setting rules and following through, is your best bet for success. (Wish we had done that with Lucy!)

kacysue said...

Yeah...a trial run I didn't sign up for! I wanted the older, sweet well behaved dog- not the neurotic puppy. Oh well. For the record, it wasn't the gate that I thought was cruel it was whoever was snapping pictures of me screaming my head off while gated in that was the cruel part. lol Gah, this dog makes me want to never have kids!

kimbodarlin said...

I'm pretty sure it was me that was snapping the pictures! I mean...crying baby pictures are funny to go back and look at...lol. Check out the one on Lindi Campbells page of Jake crying....it's funny! I may go in and post it to my page in a few.....

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings