Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last Night's Date Night

In honor of the awesome holiday that is St. Patrick's Day, J and I went out to dinner for Sushi. Yeah, we're festive. At least we wore green! As I've told you before, CaptainJ, Drifter, and I are seen as the bad kids on campus in obedience class. Because Jordan had to work a little late, we opted out of puppy class last night. It was the best decision we've made all week. We needed date night last night. We didn't do much, but just being with him, just the two of us, was refreshing.

So, yes...We went to our favorite Sushi place here in Fairbanks. It's an old fast food restaurant turned sushi fabulous. From the outside it looks like a hole in the wall kind of place, but it's remodeled quite nicely on the inside. The food is excellent and the man who prepares it often yells out in Japanese to greet us and then sends us an appetizer on the house. I imagine it's not exactly because he likes us but because the place is fairly new and he wants to make a good name for himself. Speaking of new, I'm fairly new to Sushi. It wasn't that long ago that I cringed at the thought of it. When J was home on R&R from Iraq, his family took us out to a Japanese place because Jordan insisted he taste Sushi again before he had to return for the rest of his duty. After years of missing out on raw fish, I thought I'd give it a whirl again and have a taste test. J talked me into it. He then dipped the Sushi into Wasabi and handed it over to me. It was probably one of the worst things I've ever tasted. It was right up there with green beans. Yuck.

Come to find out, it's the wasabi I despise. I actually enjoy going out for Sushi now, but I never let J forget that day so many months ago when he unknowingly attempted to kill me. Which is why I dared him to do this:






 


Please ignore my five year old little girl voice. Does anyone like their recorded voice? Anyway, I hope you all had a fun Irish holiday celebration. All throughout my day, my thought was, 'I'm just glad J is home this year, this holiday.'

4 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

Was that a chunck of wasabi? OOO I like video's of my kids, keep them comming

Tiffany Kile said...

lol thats really funny!

kacysue said...

He was regretting it. lol

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] March, we took a trip to the gorgeous Valdez, continued to love on each other (see this date night), attended the Alaska Outhouse Race of 2010, discovered broomball, and enjoyed another scenic hike [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings