Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just dreamin'

Well, I've found my purpose, my ideal job, my hopes and dreams. Unfortunately, one thousand applicants found it before me. I was browsing the news today and came across this excellent idea found here. If you do not feel led to read the article, I'll give you the gist of it: It. is. bloody. awesome.

It's right up my alley. First of all, if chosen, the "employee" is forced paid to travel to amazing honeymoon destinations all over the world, get a feel for the area via beaches, luxurious dining, champagne, et cetera, and then report back by writing entries in a blog on his or her experiences there. It's a couples thing, too! In short, some lucky son of a gun is going to travel the world with their spouse and have everything paid for. Jealous doesn't quite describe what I'm feeling now.

Oh, to travel somewhere warm! I'd give anything. Well, almost anything. I miss the sand between my toes as my skin is browning and my eyes are shut tightly cat napping in the warm breeze. I miss being by the pool with a book I can't put down. I miss shorts and sandals and the way my hair curls up with the humidity in the air. Oh, Alaska, how I scorn thee today.

I've always been a beach girl. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love more than a nice drive or hike in the mountains. If God ever seems distant, I seem to always find Him there. But there's something about the ocean that calls to me. The salty water, the shells, and the atmosphere beckon my carefree side to sit and stay awhile. This is the longest stretch of time that I've gone without a quick trip to Florida or any beach elsewhere. Jordan better know how much I've given up for him. :) ha I guess I'll just rest my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere tropical, soakin' up the rays, with only the worry of what book I'll read next on my mind.

3 comments:

Dave Weigle said...

AMEN GIRL!!! There are days when I'm not so far from chucking a 30+ year career, selling what I can and ditching the rest, grabbing Laura, finding an "older" sailboat in FL or PR, and cruising the Carib. But - how often would we see our kids and friends? Would Laura kill me in my sleep after sharing a tiny space for weeks? How would she get her fingers in dirt or cook for thousands? Would I miss being "relevant"?

Dad-in-Law

Laura Weigle said...

I'd go with ya baby, say the word!

kacysue said...

You wouldn't have to worry about your kids visiting. Any excuse to go to the Carribean and we're there!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings