Thursday, March 4, 2010

When life hands you lemons

When life hands you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade, right!? Well, I thought of this as I was preparing for a night out on the town with my husband. We are making Wednesdays our date night now. Anyway, he came home yesterday with the hopes of going out to eat. Sweet! I love getting out of the house.

I started getting ready by attempting to tame my static filled hair and splashing on some makeup which just doesn't happen very often. I also got to break out a short sleeved shirt because Fairbanks was having a heatwave yesterday: 30 degrees above zero! As I was choosing a pair of earrings to wear, I noticed some silver and black ones that I rarely ever wore. I picked them up and realized that they were a "friend's" who no longer talks to me. Despite trying repeatedly to figure out what went wrong, she refuses to talk to me about anything significant but, in her defense, she does still act like we're friends to my face. Odd situation. Anyway, I realized the earrings were hers that she'd left at my house years ago. I'm makin' lemonade with them now :)

Yes, those earrings and I went out for a night on the town. We loaded up in the truck and J took us to Lavelle's, a restaurant/bar scene in downtown Fairbanks. I had such a nice evening with him. We talked about everything under the sun while sipping on his and her drinks (His- Alaskan Amber; Hers-Chateau Riesling). The food was pretty good, too. We hardly ever go there so it was a nice break from our "usuals."

I consider myself lucky that I still get butterflies when he tells me he loves me more than anything in this world. I'm still excited to hear about his day each and every day. We love talking about our futures together, but since the future doesn't really exist, we focus on our gift of the present. Last night was a time of reconnection and a much needed break from Drifter, too.

I'm so grateful to God for blessing me with the most amazing husband, family, and true blue friends a woman could ask for. I don't deserve for Him to look upon me this way, but I'm so thankful He does.


Now, for a family photo:


2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the new family photo! So glad you guys have a date night. Joe and I don't "date" much in the winter....burr....Counting the days......

Jessie May said...

That's so great you two make a point of going out on a date once a week! It's wonderful to hear how you still get butterflies, love that! How long have you been married?

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings