Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Prayer Request

I feel sick. A blanket of dread and sadness smothered me when I read THIS post at A Little Pink in a World of Camo. It's the story of a 23 year old Marine wife with a newly born little girl who is now widowed. Her husband passed away last week while serving in Afghanistan. I can't imagine what she's going through and it hurts me to think about it. I posted this to just ask you to please, please pray (if that's your thing). Otherwise, send some happy thoughts her way or go leave her an encouraging comment. Show her the kindness of a stranger. She sure could use an uplift.

3 comments:

Shug said...

wow...that put a knot in my stomach! It makes me want to cry and or throw up....that is the worst feeling imaginable. I can't read her blog to find out any details or else I won't be able to sleep tonight! But there is NO DOUBT that she and her family are in my prayers tonight!! Sad thing is this is a reality for so many people and it completely breaks my heart! I had my brother's best friend killed in Afghanistan and he had just gotten married. It tears people apart....I'm still trying to help my brother get through it and he's still trying to help the wife get through it...sorry this is a long comment....it just really speaks to me!! Thanks for sharing this post Kacy!!

kacysue said...

Carla, I debated on sharing it because I know you and many other spouses who have people deployed currently might read it. When J was deployed, I tried my best to avoid all things war. You and Cody continue to be in my prayers and I'll say a prayer for your brother and his friend's family as well.

Shug said...

Kacy, I'm soo glad that you did post it. I mean it is reality for all of us. And I'm glad you posted it...the more prayers rallied the better. And I don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet...so I just keep praying Cody is safe and happy :o) And thanks for your prayers girl! I really appreciate it!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings