Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Cents on Blogging

In honor of my fairly new blog reaching celebrity status over 3,000 visits today, I want to tell you a little about why I started blogging. If you've browsed around my website at all, you know I write basically because I'm bored and because I'd like to keep my family in the loop of my life. I think blogging can be so much more than that, though. This is why I sometimes spend hours browsing around and reading peoples' stories. I love sitting in my little cabin imagining the daily happenings of somewhat "normal" people just like me.

In my opinion, the push for abnormal is why, as bloggers, we start writing for the world to see. Anyone who has the urge to write, share, create, et cetera simultaneously has the urge to not be normal. We only have so much time in this world before our time is up, as my Dad reminded me on facebook today, and most of us don't want to believe that our imprint in our world was miniscule. If one is abnormal, they stick out.  Bloggers want to stick out, to share their stories, their ideas, their opinions, and their lives. I think this is part of why I like to write. I'm not so alone during the day when I'm connecting with Paris, Japan, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, New Zealand, Pennsylvania, and the list goes on...

Each of the people I get to converse with are seemingly "normal" individuals to the rest of the world, but to me they're just as abnormal and quirky as I can be. My favorite blogs are about real people who are living life however it is that they want to. Some are in the midst of BIG things and some are just typing throughout their lunch break, but each entry is something I look forward to. I hope that's what I've created here- a place to come when you need a laugh or when you're insanely bored. The internet is good for that. Trust me, I'm an expert on the topic.

4 comments:

wanderingmenace said...

This is so true. As bloggers we tend to have a taste for the abnormal and I think we enjoy sharing our stories with like-minded characters. Congrats on the 3,000 visits. Thanks for the compliment earlier today by the way. As always, I'll be checking in on you.

Alex said...

A very interesting post and something that I think about often. I wandered over from 20SB. The idea of real people living life is something that I have woven into a couple posts including one that I am working on currently (I am easily distracted!). Anyway, I have enjoyed this post and your others, and you have a really cute dog!

Carina the blogarina said...

Congratulations on hitting 3000! And I couldn't agree more, there is something about us blogger that separate us from the non-bloggers. A need to be heard, noticed, to be alone, to get attention.. there is absolutely something there! I love reading other people's blogs to get a peak inside how they think and into lives I could never live.. It's like reality TV almost!

cait said...

You know how sometimes you find those blogs that you just can't help but keep reading post after post after post? Well that was me tonight when I clicked on your blog! Love it! There is a kind of "awe" about reading about a life that is being lived in such a different place from your own. (Alaska?! Wow! How awesome!) However, you love your puppy as much as I love mine and we've got that in common! haha...glad to see i'm not the only one that has bumped my dog to "son" status. Love your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by mine..i'll definitely be back! :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings