Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I should be cleaning...

Drifter has gotten me thinking mean thoughts today. I swear, he's making me mean. It seems like all I do is scream "down" ,"shhhh!", and "bad dog". He's being pretty good right now after a long, punishing stint outside. I have no idea why he likes to be around me, but I guess I'm glad for it most of the time.

Anyway, since I'm thinking negatively already I might as well go ahead and vent about a few pet peeves of mine, right?

  • It drives me insane that the term "FML" has become common place in our language. For those of you who do not use it or know what it means, it's basically saying F____ My Life. I despise seeing this all over facebook and forums I'm a part of. I know some people have it really terrible and that maybe they do feel this way, but the people who use it are mostly referring to something silly like 'I forgot to return a movie on time. FML!' or 'My dog peed on my floor. FML!' It's ridiculous and when I see it written I just feel sorry for the author and it's not for the reasons they may want.

  • I also become super annoyed when people call me several times in a row. First of all, it freaks me out. I think something is wrong with someone I love. (I worry too much) Secondly, the more times you've called and I haven't answered the less likely you're gonna get a phone call back. If there's actually a problem, of course, call! Or if it's time to catch up with each other, I always love that. But if you're simply bored, please refrain! haha I'm not a phone person.


Alright, I just had to get those pet peeves out. I'm an ole fuddy dud today! In an effort to turn my day around, I'll talk about a couple of things I happen to love:

  • I love seeing and partaking in random acts of kindness. Seriously, little actions like holding the door for someone speak volumes to me. This is something I sometimes miss about the south. It seems like everyone likes to help someone out there. Not that Alaskans are rude; I think they're more self sufficient and may mind their own business instead unless asked. I just miss a smile and a 'how are you?' in line at the grocery store sometimes. Just the other day at puppy class, one woman didn't have a chair so I went and found one for her so she wouldn't have to manage her huge dog while simultaneously searching the building for a chair. Besides, J was with Drifter. She didn't have an extra person to help her. I found a chair and brought it to her and she looked shocked that I would do that for her. It's interesting anyway. It feels good to help out in any way I can. And it always feels good when someone reaches out to me in some way. Even all of you, who come to read my blogs and leave me comments about what I've taken the time to write, bring sunshine to my day. I love hearing from you all! :) I appreciate the kind words and feedback I've received.

  • I love a clean house. I feel better about myself when I've worked all day making this place sparkle. Ok, I'll be honest. It never sparkles. I should never volunteer for a white glove test or anything, but when everything is clean I can rest easy. That is until J gets home, then I follow him around picking up stuff behind him. Bless his heart. I'm sure I drive him bonkers sometimes! I should get to work today. I've gotten a late start, although, the first thing I did this morning was the dishes. I think I deserved a blog break. Maybe.


Anyway, I'm going to get back to it. Perhaps I'll accomplish something productive today. I'd much rather sit here with a cup of coffee and one of YOU to keep me company, but it's just me and the dog today...

Tell me, what are your pet peeves? What do you love?

1 comments:

David Weigle said...

My biggest pet peeve , and I think it's already pretty well established, is Littering!!! I'm fast approaching the rant stage as all the Litter here in E. Tn is more noticeable in the spring!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings