Monday, March 1, 2010

Questions for Mrs. K

In the hopes of my blogging community/readers getting to know me a little better (and for the sake of my entertainment and boredom prevention), I googled '10 Questions for yourself'. I came across a list of points to ponder. I have yet to read them myself, but answer them I shall! Here goes...

1. What do I really want? I'll admit the first thing that came to mind was family. I look forward to having babies- to take part in creating a life. I want to be a mother more and more everyday. That being said, I also want to wait a while before we TTC. This time is still "our" time together and it's something we need.

Spiritually, I want to seek God more. I want to be fulfilled every day in my walk with Him. I want to know that I've taken part in the Christian life I've chosen and I want to know that people can see that. Long ago, I heard in a song that "the greatest single cause of athesim in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable..." I want to be a better example for nonbelievers.

Educationally, I want to keep studying! I want to finish my Master's. I want to be in a learning, classroom environment again. As far as a job goes, I want to find one that keeps me fairly busy, one that I enjoy most of the time, and one that suits me well.

Materialistically speaking, I want this. (J- hint, hint!) I also want a table for my craft room. I'd like some organization with my supplies so I can see everything I have to choose from and it will all be easily accessible. I really enjoy scrapbooking because I have a terrible memory and I like arranging our photos into keepsakes we will have for a long time. I want to remember every bit of my time with J. I'll cherish our beginning as a family and I want to always have record of these special days.

Hmm...what else do I want? How bout a big warm chocolate cookie? Yum! Moving on...

2. Should I really change? The answer to this is yes, of course! There's always room for improvement. Change can be a good thing. I truly hope I'm constantly changing in certain ways throughout my entire existence. I hope to always seek to better myself. That being said, I recognize that I do have good qualities that are to be admired and I hope I can hold these dear to my heart and stay steadfast in them.

3. What's the bright side in all this? I don't really understand this question, but I'll say that the bright side is life! I never know what it's going to bring but lately it has really left me with some pretty sweet deals. I've had an upbringing in which I always felt loved. I have friends, family, and in-laws who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world; I've really been blessed in that department. I found an amazing husband, who I don't deserve and who loves me unconditionally. Life is good!

4. Am I comfortable with what I'm doing? This is iffy. I want to be comfortable with what I'm doing. Yesterday in church, the pastor said that our society and media tells us that busy is better. If we're busy, we're somehow recognized as more productive, more put together, better individuals. Maybe this is why I want to be back in school or in at least a part time job- because I want to feel better about myself. This is completely wrong thinking! I'm comfortable with where I'm at and what I'm doing, but content with it? The jury is still out.

5. Have I done enough for myself? Easily, yes. I read my bible daily. I take long, luxurious dips in the hot tub. I sit by the fire and read when I want. When I'm feeling unattractive, a trip to the hair salon is always in order. I do plenty for myself!

6. Am I happy with where I'm at today? Completely.

7. What is my appeal? I always despise questions such as this one. It's like when I'm trying to "sell myself" in an interview... I just don't like the idea of that. I can be appealing to different people in different ways, I suppose. In general, I'd say my appeal is my attitude towards other people. While I may not be relateable, I am a good listener. In fact, I prefer to listen and really ponder on what people are saying to me instead of responding right away. I can be a good friend in that way.

8. What do I truly desire? A closer relationship with my Lord and Savior.

9. What motivates me? Learning new ideas. Entertaining thoughts of adventure or new experiences. Chocolate. Feelings of self sufficiency. Winning. Failing.

10. What really makes me tick? Seeing a beautiful sunset, hiking up a mountainside to look out on what all God has created for us, perfectly boring Sundays with people I love, finding happiness in my relationships with others, trying new things with my hubby by my side.

Do you feel like you know me just a little bit better? What are some questions you would like me to answer? Ask away!

7 comments:

Aunt Susie said...

Yes, I do feel that I know you better... some of those questions would be diffcult for me to answer! I have been doing some pondering myself with retirement just around the corner. It will be a huge change but it also gives me a chance to reevalulate what I want to do with my life. Which direction do I want to go. What can I do to make just one person's life just a little better or easier...?
YES, YOU MUST HAVE A CRICUT...! Tell Jordan that his Aunt Susie has one, that Uncle Bill gave it to her two Christmases ago! You will love it! And when you have those babies you will use it even more. Just think how good your kid's science and geography projects will look. Once you get your cricut you must move closer so we can share cartridges!
I just love the pictures of Drifter...but O can those puppies be active!
Great Blogging with you....Love ya!

kacysue said...

My friends who are into scrapbooking have them and use them a lot. I use their's when I can! We actually made a bet last night and I won so now he must get me a cricut. haha! Love ya!

David Weigle said...

Do you REALLY hate chickens?

kacysue said...

David, I LOVE to eat chickens! But yes, I truly do. They are scary, mean creatures who tend to seek me out for torture.

Jenn said...

hahaha, I have to say I love your response to comfort vs content with your current state of being jobless. I too have found myself in the exact same position. Having recently relocated to an unusual post in Alabama, rather then Alaska like we hoped, for the sake of my fiance. I have found it not only difficult to find a teaching job but also even more so feel like a non-contributing member of our little family. Granted I'm contributing in other ways such as housework and cooking. I'm even attempting to finish my masters while we are here. However without a job I do feel like I went from going 100mph to 0 in one foul swoop. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's not perfectly content in their current position. by the way Love the blog.

Jenn

kacysue said...

Jenn- I feel like I am not contributing either at times, but I know that's not true. We cant discount what we do around the house to help out. It's significant! Especially since you're working on your degree to better yourself for the future, ya know? I do know what you mean, though.

kirsty said...

hi anything positive coming my way ??

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings