Friday, March 19, 2010

Who knows?

Every morning in between sips of coffee and goodbye hugs and kisses, I manage to utter the words, "Don't leave, babe." I know he has to go to work. Heck, someone's gotta have a job around here! I'm just in imaginary bliss at thoughts of spending all day with my man. I wonder how long this will last. :)

His response each time? "I've gotta go defend the free world, babe."

Of course, he's being facetious but it just makes me wonder...What do they do when they're stateside? Mountains of paperwork? Top secret meetings? Supermarket Sweep missions for lunch foods? Maybe they revert back to their younger days and go out in "the field" and play army all day. Who knows? I sure don't.

Captain J is one of those rare people who leave their work at work. He doesn't bring it home with him. He's an XO for his company so I know he must have responsibilities almost constantly, but to his credit, he rarely tells of his worries at work. I like that about him. It seems that a person like this is hard to come by these days. Even when he was deployed, he didn't talk much about what happened over there. Of course, part of that was because he wasn't allowed to, but the other part is because he didn't want me to worry even more about him. I imagine he also didn't want his one break (a Skype conversation with yours truly) in the day to be about Army talk. Whatever his reasoning, I appreciate it. I let him tell me what he will tell me and that's it.

I'm not one of those wives that will seek to learn all the Army's crazy acronyms. I'll probably never understand all the paperwork and obstacles that must be hurdled to get anything accomplished in the military. I might not ever be that woman.

But I will always be the woman who stands proudly beside her man in every decision, every deployment, and through every path we take together. I'm so proud of him for doing what he does (I'm sure he'd feel nauseous if he read this!) and it's not only because he goes off to foreign countries for the sake of his own; it's because he goes to work every day whether he wants to or not, he takes care of me in every way, and he loves me unconditionally all while simultaneously juggling his duties to this country.

Then again, his duties while stateside may very well be playing in poker tournaments in the AHA building. Who knows?

1 comments:

Nuke Girl said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. :) I loved this post! I like getting perspective from the opposite point of view; it makes me appreciate my husband that much more. I'm sure he feels all the same things, he just doesn't voice many of them because, well, he's a "manly man." lol :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings