Tuesday, January 10, 2012

5 Months

Dear Baby K,

Today you are five months young. Every day is so hard but remarkably fulfilling and sweet with you in my life. I always want to do right by you and it's my prayer every night that I do. You deserve the best mom in the world. You are absolutely perfect. I love you. Have I said that lately?



New things this month? Well, you're eating rice cereal from a spoon and bowl like a champ! You're also fitting into 6-9 month clothing already. Every time I put one of these outfits on you my heart has the odd, constricting feeling like you're growing up too fast. It frightens me. I know your dad gets the bad rap of being the one who doesn't want to leave you with other people, but secretely I have this issue, too. When your dad talks about what all you might do in life and mentions traveling the world, I make a mental note of setting up a separate bank account so that I can afford all these travels, too. Of course I'll be going everywhere with you until you're an old married man and then I suppose I'll let your wife take care of you. Maybe.

Let's not talk about that yet, though. I mean, you must learn to roll over first. You used to try to roll over, but you don't do it much anymore. It was suggested to me the other day that I hold you too much. Oh well, get used to it, kid. When you get to your side, you seem content with that. I think if you toppled over by yourself that it would make you quite mad anyway. You roll over when you're good and ready, ok?

I don't like to brag on you because you always seem to make a liar out of me, but I will say that your intense screaming fits are fewer in number and less furious. Maybe you're growing out of this thing called colic? Or maybe you're just as tired of your screaming as I am? Either way, I just want it to be known that I encourage this advancement.



I found your ticklish spot and it's right under your tiny little armpits. Oh, gosh. I just love how you laugh out loud when I tickle you on your changing table. That right there makes being a mom worth every single struggle. Your laugh is music to my ears. Your dad is good at making you laugh, too. He makes silly sounds and faces and you find him quite funny. We have that in common, Baby K.

You like to stand up (with assistance) and we practice this a lot.

You know what else you're starting to like a lot? Bath time. Finally.

Love you forever,

Mama

2 comments:

Beth M said...

This made me tear up. Our babies are growing up too fast, but they are oh so fun right now!! <3

Mrs. K said...

I know! I can't believe they're almost half a year old. Time is flying.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings