Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I am with you

I have been so tempted to complain today, but I won't. I'm sure you're all very tired of hearing about my minor issues. I really wanted to go to PWOC today, but I had (more) car trouble and wasn't able to make it. Instead I gave my kitchen a good cleaning and I'm okay with that. I don't think K would have allowed an excursion anyway. Nothing seems to make him happy this week.

Wait, I wasn't going to complain, right?

Yesterday I came across Isaiah 41:10:


"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


And I literally had to keep repeating the words in my head.

He will strengthen me. He will help me.

He will strengthen me. He will help me.

It was one of those days, but you know what? At the end of the day, I knew I wasn't alone. I recognized that I could have it way worse than I do. No matter how much Baby K is unhappy, whiney, and/or crying I have the comfort that 'this too shall pass'. I have the blessing of a healthy baby and I'm forever grateful there's nothing too serious going on.

My back feels like it's breaking because he won't let me put him down.

But one day, he's not going to want me to pick him up.

I guess I'll just focus on that. And until then God is whispering in my ear, "I am with you."

Happy Tuesday!

- Mrs. K

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sometimes those days when you don't/can't leave the house are rough... Others are enjoyable. Just depends on the day and mood, I guess. So good that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and not get sucked into negative thinking! :)

My little Sam used to be the same way, wanting to be held all the time... Now he is so anti-snuggly that it's sad. You have to either be armed with Cheerios or his favorite book to have him sit with you. So while it's tough now, just know that it's not forever!! Hugs to you!!

Mrs. K said...

Yes! I enjoy not leaving the house on most days, but the option is so nice. We shared a car when we lived in Alaska and that got old quick!

I'm afraid K will be like that, too. Neither of us are the snuggly type, but I do want to snuggle with my kid(s) from time to time. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings