Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chicken, Cow Patties, and Cuteness

My car is fixed...hooray! Some handsome hunk-a-man worked on it late one night and after blood (literally), sweat, and tears--it's driving Mrs. K around again.


And by handsome hunk-a-man, I mean my husband of course. He has been able to come home from the field at night for the past two nights. It has been nice! He'll be leaving again shortly so I'm enjoying it while I can.


I thought I'd share what I made for dinner last night because it was easy and tasty and those are my kinda recipes!



Mushroom Chicken 


You'll need:


2 eggs beaten


4 chicken breast halves (although Captain wanted more)


bread crumbs


mushrooms


3 tbsp butter


mozzerella cheese


3/4 cup chicken broth


Directions


1. Preheat oven to 350. Wash Chicken (duh). Dip in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.


2. Melt butter in skillet/pan. Brown both sides of the chicken.


3. Sprinkle bottom of a casserole dish (I used 9x13) with mushrooms and add chicken halves on top.


4. Arrange more mushrooms over the chicken and pour chicken broth on and around the chicken.


5. Add cheese and stick it in the oven for about 35 minutes.


I love easy, don't you? I made some veggies to go along with this.



And then for my favorite part of the meal. Hello, dessert!



I made no-bake cookies which I prefer to affectionately call- cow patties. It is my desire that people will be so grossed out by that thought that they'll leave all the yummy goodness for me! It doesn't really work, though. I used this pin for the recipe.


You're welcome.


Also, don't spill the milk.



But if you do, don't cry.


Unless it's breast milk. That's reason to shed a few! ;)


All in all, yesterday was a happy day for all of us. Baby K has discovered his feet. He is also enjoying trying to sit up like a big boy. Mama is so proud!



He's cute even with slobber galore and a weird toe. Of course, I could be biased.


Happy Thursday to you, my friends!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had to laugh at the breastmilk comment! My MIL once dumped an entire bottle of my breastmilk down the drain because she didn't know? wasn't paying attention? thought it was old? I dunno what was going on there. I almost cried. Seriously. Eight ounces is NO JOKE. LOL

Your dinner looks yummy!!!

Mrs. K said...

Oh no! That is a crime. There's just something weird that happens to me when I know my breast milk is going to waste. For some reason, I feel as if I worked hard or something. Afterall, it is a part of me. Haha I'm probably going to regret admitting this in the a.m.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings