Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Suggestions

Hi, y'all! Short and sweet today. Mondays leave lots for me to do!


First of all, I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who responded to my last post and responded in an encouraging and helpful manner. For the most part, all of you who emailed me really made me feel better in knowing I'm not alone. That being said, I have made the post password protected because some of you responded in most unhelpful (and hurtful!) ways when all I was trying to do was vent to someone, anyone who could listen. I will never apologize for something I write here that I feel doesn't need an apology and the post last night definitely does not. It's difficult being a mom regardless, but when you're also isolated in a new state with a colicky baby and your husband is working twenty four hours a day and off ten (if we're lucky) then it's just that more taxing. I make no apologies for my last vent session. I love my little boy more than anything in this entire world- that's something that is never in question. If something I say here bothers you, please simply quit reading. This is my space.


Whew! Let's get something lighter going on around here, ehh?


What are you reading these days?


I'm reading two books- both of which I recommend:



I read about two chapters of this one night and woke up the next morning and gathered two trashbags full of stuff that was cluttering my life. I don't miss it one bit! I look forward to more purging in 2012. This book is all about simplifying your life and I'm all about that these days! You needn't worry- it's not too granola! ;)


The second?



LOVE! This is the next big series, right? I'm not going to give a review because I'm probably way behind on the times and you have likely already read it, but if you havent- you should. You'll want to read it before March (when the movie comes out).


That's it for today.


XOXO,


Mrs. K

7 comments:

Alana said...

Love Hunger Games of course.

And I really need to read an organizing book too. I've been wanting to go through our stuff so bad, and I could use some motivation!

Mrs. K said...

If you have a Kindle it was free on Amazon for a time. I'm not sure if the offer is up, though!

Michele Mott said...

How dare anyone be ugly to you. I have only been reading your blog for a few months (your Dad introduced me to you, I work for him now) and have seen you as a loving, caring, deeply spiritual Child of God, mother and wife. I experienced isolation when I was a new mother and it is not something I would wish on anyone. Being a new mom is scary and babies don't come with instruction manuals.

Mrs. K said...

Thanks, Michele (and thanks for reading!). I'd love an instruction manual that was accurate :) There are many books claiming "this will work" but I found out quickly that it's just not always true.

Jenna said...

I think I need to hit up the library when i get down there!

Mrs. K said...

Just hit up my library. I've got plenty!

Jamie said...

I missed your last post. Sorry some people weren't supportive. :(

I desperately want to read the Hunger Games but I just can't stop watching TV in my spare time.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings