Saturday, January 14, 2012

White Flag

It never fails. Every time he leaves, a host of things go wrong. He'd probably say this is because we depend on him for so much, but I just chalk it up to my incredibly bad luck. He's been gone for 24 hours. Here's what has happened in the last 24-

(Note: The following are bolded for emphasis.)

  •  I discovered the rain totally fried our electric fence.

  • A few hours later, the dogs discovered it, too.

  • Drifter ran away.

  • I rejoiced. (Ha! I'm only half serious).

  •  I brought Holly inside, but I had to literally drag her- kicking and screaming because she did not want to cross the line. While I'm holding her, trying to show her it's okay- I also have Baby K on my hip because he refused to be put down without emitting Baby K screams.


*Enter a few moments of peace.

  •  K starts freaking out, something he hadn't done all week. Consequently, Holly starts pacing and wondering what's wrong with her tiny human.

  • I hear whining at the door. Drifter is back- great.

  • I take the dogs outside. They stay on the porch- barking at every single movement outside. This makes it pretty difficult to get my whiny babe to sleep.


*Baby K did sleep all night once he finally drifted off to sleep!

  • I awake to an unhappy little one and this continues the rest of the day.

  • I run out of chocolate. Disaster.

  • Battery on car is shot. Took her to Walmart and they told me they hadn't seen a car like that and would be unable to change the oil or replace the battery. Umm? Whatev.


Where's my white flag? I surrender.


(Image credit)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

awww I am sorry girl. I hope things start looking up for you.

Miranda said...

I pray tonight/tomorrow/forever gets better!

Jennifer said...

Omg I cracked up laughing about the dog running away and you being OK with it!!! (Because we have a dog that I WISH would do the same.. only not the show-back-up part.)

I hope things get better (and you get more chocolate!!) soon.

PS. Found your blog thanks to Jamie's Military Monday spotlight. ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings