Monday, January 30, 2012

A walk in the park



The Army gave Captain J back for a few weeks! To celebrate, we went to the park for a stroll...



It was nice to be able to have a conversation with my hubby again and I suspect Baby K enjoyed seeing his dad as evidenced by his little smirk! We found all kinds of neat things to look at-



Do all Army towns have something like this sitting around? All the ones I've lived in have.

Equally exciting were the budding flowers we found in our front yard after some much needed hedge trimming.



Spring comes sooner 'round these parts.

I came across this quote:
“In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we’re pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker’s praise without anxiety.” ~A.W. Tozer



And made it my goal today to be pleased in the small things.

Happy Monday, my friends.

~Mrs. K

4 comments:

Karen T said...

Up here there are either tanks (if it's an army base) or airplanes (if it's an airbase). Every single base I've gone to has them too. It looks so nice out there - I wish it was that warm here!

Jennifer said...

Yay! Glad you got your husband back! I have been around military installations since about age 5, so I don't even blink at helicopters and tanks sitting around. LOL

Jamie said...

He is starting to look so grown up!

Mrs. K said...

@Karen - I guess you've got awhile before it warms up, huh? :(
@Jennifer- I'm getting used to them, too- but I'm also like a kid when I see them. Ha! If no one is around, I may or may not be found playing Army. ;)
@Jamie- I know! I've even noticed how much he's grown recently.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings