Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dark Mind

I love a good psychological thriller or suspense book. They've long-time been a favorite of mine. I think this genre may have been why I fell in love with reading in the first place. I especially love when something happens at the end of the chapter and I just HAVE to read on to see what happens in the next one. Jennifer Chase's book Dark Mind does just that.



It combines paradise with mayhem as the main character, Emily, finds herself pursuing a serial killer in the beautiful Hawaiian islands. This combination makes Dark Mind even creepier because when you're relaxing on the beach in the land of Aloha, the last thing on your mind is the possibility of someone so disturbing interrupting your siesta in the sun. Am I right?

As I was reading, I found myself wanting to know more about Emily's past. I didn't know this book was the third in a series because it easily stands alone. Still, I may go back and read the other two as well.

In this book, Emily is joined by Richard and Jordan to track down the man who is terrorizing the island. Amid the search, there's also an intricate love triangle among them. Emily seems to draw the attention of the men she comes in contact with perhaps because of her tenacious, strong, fighter spirit. It's obvious in this novel that Emily has been through the ringer in her life and she definitely hasn't had an easy go of it.

The local police seem to be operating off of island time, in no hurry to solve the murders that are plaguing their community. It will be up to Emily, Richard, and Jordan to find the killer before it's too late.

This book is nonstop action. I really, really enjoyed it!

You can find this book on Amazon among other places and it's available on eReaders, too :)

(Note: I was compensated for this review as well as given the book to read free of charge. I was not paid to write a positive review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings