Monday, February 27, 2012

Sleeper's Run

Everyone likes the book they can't put down, right? Either it's frustrating yet compelling or interesting and exciting and you just can't seem to get anything else done because you keep returning to it. This was one of those books for me. I'll admit, I read the first chapter or two and put it down for awhile, but when I picked it back up, it was a quick read for me.



There were scenarios I could relate to such as the military references, but there was also a story line that wasn't so relateable and kept me on my toes. It was exciting- full of action. It was fun to read.

The main character, Eric begins working for the CIA after a strange sequence of events occurs and eventually leads him to Venezuela. There, he meets a woman he believes to be working with and finds himself wanting to get to know her more. Later, Eric is asked to do something that will have him running from the local government there and in the United States, too.

The author researched and carefully developed the characters, cultures, and settings involved in the novel very well. Sometimes it felt like overkill, though. Eric was a larger than life kind of person, but things like that have never bothered me in works of fiction.

I liked the book.

(I was given a free copy of this book and compensated to write this review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings