Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the one with no direction

Sometimes this blog needs a nice, one-thought-directed -kind-of post, but this mommy brain doesn't have one today. I've got a gazillion things that I could tell you about right now. But I'll just start with Baby K's latest doctor appointment.

It went well.

We saw a different doctor this time, as you know. She didn't seem concerned about his lack of weight gain after discussing with us what we were feeding him, genetics, and all that good stuff. She showed us his growth curve, which has completely plateaued- and told us that he was nearing falling off the chart all together. That's never a good thing, but we're adopting a positive attitude that K will catch up in no time.

He had gained a few ounces in the two weeks it took to get him another appointment.

In the mean time, the Dr. told us to up his formula feedings and his solids. I feed this kid every hour now almost. I wish I was joking.

Honestly, he does seem to be happier, but I'm sure I would be, too if I got to eat every hour.

I think he looks bigger. Maybe it's working. The next appointment is mid to late march so we'll know more then. They want to retest his WBC because it was unusually high at the last testing. We'd appreciate your prayers for little man, if talkin' to the man upstairs is your thing! ;)

My facebook hiatus has proved to be a good thing. The first day, I felt kinda like, ok- what now? I mean, it felt as if I gave up my link to the outside world, but obviously that's not quite true. A couple days into this thing and I really don't care. The only time I miss it is when I need someone's contact info or I need to look up a time for an event- stuff like that. Other than that, I don't even notice the absence of facebook. I sometimes think in status updates, though. ;) The old question, "What's on your mind?" will have to be answered in my little corner of the internet at Mrs K and Captain J.com.

Life has been good lately. Really good.

I sometimes regretfully miss being social. Tuesdays are PWOC days, but I skipped today. The idea of getting bottles, pacis, extra clothes, diapers, and myself ready to make a thirty minute drive to post only to have to turn around and come right back  home when K Baby gets antsy and doesn't want to be in the nursery any longer, makes me tired just thinking about it. Plus there's the guilt. That dreaded mom guilt. Don't get him off his nap schedule- he needs sleep. Or- You've got to get him used to strangers before it gets worse. Oh, the guilt. The constant questions of am I doing him a dis-service or is this what's right for him? Today his sleep won out. He was cranky and irritable and I caved. Perhaps next week, we'll try it again.

Meanwhile, I've been hanging out with Jenna Lou a lot more. I am so beyond happy to have her here! Her and her husband are so wonderful. Seriously. They've hung out with me twice since J's crazy work schedule began- keeping this lonely housewife feeling happy and entertained. They're both funny, interesting, and I know we're all going to have some good times together. I swear, she's really really here. After having spent time together a handful of times, we still do not have photographic evidence. And we call ourselves bloggers!

Those are just a few random topics of my mind. Quick, name three random things on your mind- Ready, Go!

8 comments:

Karen T said...

3 random things?? Cloth Diapers, Crazy people, Cupcakes. Hmmm coincidence that they all start with C?? I completely understand how you feel about Mom Guilt. It sucks. And giving up facebook is awesome :)

Mrs. K said...

ha! Cloth diapers on the mind? Me, too. I should probably go stuff some as we're almost out, but blogging is winning out today. And crazy people? Uh-oh...I sense some blog material in your midst.

Jennifer said...

I have skipped social things too in order to keep up the all-holy-and-consuming nap schedule. It is SO IMPORTANT to us mamas, isn't it? :) The first time I left Sam in the nursery, he was fine- I was a wreck. I think a lot of this stuff we go through is harder on us than them! LOL

Glad to hear that the facebook hiatus is going so well!!! :)

Three things? I will second the cloth diapers (as that is all Sam is wearing at this point in the day), wine (I so wish I was drinking some right now), and my sweet family (playing on the floor in front of me). :)

Mrs. K said...

Hubby just poured me a glass of wine as I was reading your comment, not to rub it in, though ;) I'm glad you're enjoying the cloth diapering! What is your fav brand? I'm partial to the AIOs but I haven't settled on a go-to brand yet and I'm always in the market for new ones.

Sespi said...

Yay! So glad he finally put on some ounces :)

As for three random things... Diet Coke, fresh baked bread, and giving blood (there's a blood drive today and I'm debating if I want to go).

Becca said...

1. chocolate.
2. summer.
3. the delicious breakfast of garlic cloves, maple syrup, and vanilla extract that my 15-month old made my husband and I for breakfast this morning while we purchased tickets online to go home for summer vacation :)

Mrs. K said...

oh, Chocolate! Something that is always on my mind. Baby H sounds like quite the chef--already stepping outside the box. :)

Mrs. K said...

We LOVE some freshly baked bread in our family. I'm pretty sure we could live on bread alone :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings