Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Le Sigh.

I can think of a million other things that I should be doing right now, but then again that's not the first time I've started a new post with that line. I'm back to talk about more of the same. If that bores you or offends you, there's a little "x" at the top of the screen--go click that.

As I sit down with my (ahem) third cup of coffee today, I'm reflecting on what in the world I did with my day. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I recently tweeted how I am "completely worthless today." And it's true, I am. When Baby K is teething or feeling icky as he has the past two days, I use it as a free ticket to do nothing but take care of him. He's so whiney. Every time I attempt to put him down for a bit, he wails which means that the only time I get anything done around the house is when Captain J gets home from work.



My mom got me this perhaps because she anticipated when I was pregnant that I would have this problem. It's a good reminder that I see sitting in my kitchen every day. It says to me- slow down. Enjoy this moment while he's still small. Smile. Kiss away the tears. The dishes can wait.

So today, instead of worrying too much about the laundry or the dirty shower, I walked Baby K around. Thanks to a pal from high school, Mel, I was able to strap him on my hip because she sent me a new carrier last week. Life saver! We bounced around the house. We went outside on yard adventures. We cuddled. We did our day-to-day.

While I wish I could be the mom who gets up to workout, prepares breakfast for her clan, and cleans the kitchen all before the day really starts- I've come to realize that just isn't in the cards for me at this stage in Baby K's life. I'm lucky if I don't have to get out of bed in the middle of the night five times because he has lost his paci. (Side note: How in the heck do I fix this? He's not waking up entirely, but if I didn't put his paci back in- he would) This means that I wake up, get K's bottle ready, and head straight for the coffee machine because I am dragging. And this seems to set the tone for the rest of the day.

I'm beginning to think I'll never reach SuperMom status. Le Sigh.

Thank the good Lord for thoughtful friends. Not only did I get a hip hammock in the mail, I also got a check for discounted formula from another high school friend, Kari AND my friend here, Jen, brought me and my family dinner last night because she knew Baby K wasn't feeling well and that I probably wouldn't have much time to make dinner.

Seriously?

God has blessed me with wonderful people in my life. People who have their own children to attend to. People who have school, jobs, busy lives- but they take time out of their days to help me.

Thank you, all from the bottom of my heart. Your simple gestures remind me how blessed I really am.

Now, that little man is finally snoozing-



I better take advantage of it and be slightly productive.

(All photos taken on iphone with Instagram- Username KSJD22. Follow me!)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had the same kind of day today! I literally only folded a load of laundry. And that had been sitting in the dryer since yesterday, so that's only like a half-win. So glad to hear that you've got so many people helping you out and making things a little easier for you! And don't worry- these days happen to everyone, and enjoying your little man is FAR more important than doing the dishes. "Dust if you must" I always say. (And it might be a little obvious if you visit my house LOL)

Kristine said...

I'm so glad that you're blessed with wonderful friends. I use to push mine around the house in an umbrella stroller, so I could get house work done. :)

Blessings,
Kristine

Mrs. K said...

"dust if you must"-- I like it!

Mrs. K said...

That's a good idea! Haha I recently purchased one- maybe I'll try that out.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings